National part numbers list

Jrtm

Featured Posts

As above anyone got a national parts list manual? I have one but the numbers don't add up to any parts I've got stamped on the engine, after some stripping down and some work I believe my old engine was build wrong. Luckily there are some part numbers which if can be checked then I can confirm if it was built wrong or if normal logic engine building was not followed on these engines.

My new engine will be virtually ready to put together by end of week but I have 3 items stopping me from doing so 1 of these I have part numbers on.

I've got other items too that are stamped but my list starts at 1-1000+ but these parts are 4k and 5k numbers

Cannot help with a parts number list  sorry.  You could try Internal Fire, or the Anson museum.

I would expect that your engine was originally built correctly but over the years has diverged from the build standard through repairs and overhaul using alternative but functional parts.

These were also not all originated from the National factory.  Bulls Bridge was quite capable of making necessary bits  if they were not readily available from Ashton-under-Lyne, and I have seen it written somewhere (Hold on a Minute??) that the BW carrying fleet was largely  propelled by Bulls Bridge engines.

The other thing to beware of is casting numbers on components  which often look like and sometimes can be related to Part numbers.  One casting number may also be the base for several part numbers.  No idea if National were prone to this.

Authenticity is important in museum pieces  but functionality is better for boating?

N

• Greenie 1

It having other parts thrown in wouldn't surprise me at all, but some of the parts to remake like the flywheel, cam shafts, cams (threw many spares only found these fitted with part numbers) and quite a few cast parts would surprise me more if they went made in the original factory