Isuzu 35 Engine

Featured Posts

I have a Isuzu 35 Engine. Looking to carry out a service. Isuzu Marine manual states air filter element number 100066-4LS. Carried out a search online and cannot find any information.

It currently has a Beta Air Filter 211-61832.

There are a number of sites selling this filter online.

My local car spares cannot find this on its data base!

Does anyone have this engine ? Are you buying the filter from local car spares? If yes what is the parts number?

Thanks

Try this https://indigodream.wordpress.com/2013/01/08/technical-isuzu-42-servicing-info/ various part numbers quoted for the air filter.  The Fram appears to be readily available.

I can't take any credit for this, it's the 2nd link in Google when you search for 100066-4LS

Edited by GRLMK38

That is a common filter on  variety of boat engines but it seems it has not been fitted to cars for years so most motor factors do not stock them and it's not in a number of their catalogues. I know that Lemco in Banbury stocked them last year and when I asked for it by number they immediately said "it's off a boat" and went on to say they stock it specifically for the local marine trade. Don't get too hung up over the "maker's" name as long as you have heard of them.

You may find a motor factor that is close to a number oh hire basses and marinas in your area stock them but forget part numbers, take a pattern to them.

PS - mine was in a Viking Afloat modified Bukh DV36

All, thanks for your replies.

I did my last service in October 2019 when I winterised the boat. I have had around 4 lts of oil in a 5 lts container in the engine bay since October 2019. I am aware water can get in the diesel tank due to condensation. Does this happen with oil in a plastic container?

Cheers

26 minutes ago, Steve Manc said:

I did my last service in October 2019 when I winterised the boat. I have had around 4 lts of oil in a 5 lts container in the engine bay since October 2019. I am aware water can get in the diesel tank due to condensation. Does this happen with oil in a plastic container?

Cheers

I've never heard of it,as far as I am aware oil has no free water in it, so the only water would be from damp air in the container. I've never seen any, and I used to keep oil in my garage in a metal contaner

11 hours ago, Steve Manc said:

Cheers

Probably only if you leave the top off or loose. Never known it on sealed plastic or metal oil cans.