YouTube Keep Freezing

Featured Posts

Hello everyone. For the last couple of days, I am unable to watch videos on YouTube on Google Chrome. Youtube keeps freezing and I have no idea why, and it has never happened before. Does anyone know why this happens and how can I fix it. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Edited by Alfonsonelson
tag

I had the same problem months ago using the Apple TV box, if I paused the video it took about one minute to 'unfreeze' then went back to the beginning. Looking online I discovered Apple did something to the system but never bothered checking to see what happened. Instead of getting an updated Apple TV box at £100+ I got a Fire TV stick from Amazon at £25 and fitted that, since then I get a lot more adverts, about 5 seconds long, but brilliant viewing on Youtube and a lot more channels to choose from.

On 02/04/2021 at 19:06, Jackofalltrades said:

Have you tried a different browser, such as Firefox?

Have you tried re-booting?

Thanks for replying. I've tried the Firefox browser, there is no problem. The only problem was in the Chrome browser, but yesterday I solved it by applying a process mentioned here. I have only disabled Hardware Acceleration from the browser settings.

Screenshot_78.jpg

I had issues with chrome struggling with youtube videos, firefox & internet explorer (now edge) played them perfectly.

after some hunting around I found that chrome & youtube try and use a new network protocol which some routers / network interfaces don't like.

if you go into chrome://flags (type it into the address bar) look for "Experimental QUIC Protocol" and disable it you may find that everything works perfectly with hardware acceleration turned back on.

image.png.8c786d6e75b0c255ea40526a26b63cc4.png

23 hours ago, Alfonsonelson said:

Thanks for replying. I've tried the Firefox browser, there is no problem. The only problem was in the Chrome browser, but yesterday I solved it by applying a process mentioned here. I have only disabled Hardware Acceleration from the browser settings.

Screenshot_78.jpg

I am pleased that you have found your answer but...............................

By all means don't answer if you don't want to but I am wondering why you ask on a UK Inland boating forum about an internet problem when you show yourself as being in the USA.  If you were in the UK we would still need to know how you are accessing the internet, where you are and which service provider you are using.

Such freezes in the UK on mobile broadband are often down to poor reception or the mast you have linked to being overloaded at the time. Even on landlines it can be that the local British Telecom infrastructure is in such poor condition the data rates are very low.  I recently solved the self same problem by playing hell with BT and getting them to cure the line noise.

For future reference I feel you needed to give far more information if you wanted your post to be treated as worthy of people's time in replying.

I am now off to do a silent line test to ensure the line is still OK.