Peter X

barry adams

Featured Posts

It is with much regret to have to write that I went to Peter X (Peter Lovetts) funeral today.

Peter was taken poorly a while back and was found to have a brain cancer, despite his own fortitude

and the best efforts of the medical team he passed away.

Peter helped crew many boats that needed moving and did it for just his costs.

Also helped out on the council run boat Tarporly.

He was also a very valued member of the Narrowboat Trust and took on the treasurers job and did it extremly well.

He was really good company and ready to crew at the drop of a hat and will be very much missed by all who knew him.

Barry Adams ( Narrowboat trust )

Edited by DHutch
Typo corrected
  • Sad 11

Bloomin Eck.

Peter was a guy who would walk 500 miles just to get his boating joy.

He helped many people out as unpaid boat moving help along with his NBT and other boat charity work.

He did once ask me if I minded if he was taking work from me, I answered No, there is more than enough work for me you and several others who like doing things properly.

Lovely guy, I knew he was struggling early last year, but thought he was on his way back in,  didn't realise it was terminal....last time we spoke, neither did he.

Sad loss, Cruise in Peace Peter X.

Thanks for letting us know Barry

Edited by matty40s
  • Greenie 4

I particularly remember his avatar, which portrayed a mug of tea or coffee and a couple of biscuits, projecting a cosy, comfortable and relaxed image.  I thought I hadn't seen it recently; in fact I think he last posted just before Christmas.

R.I.P., Mr. Lovatts.

12 hours ago, barry adams said:

It is with much regret to have to write that I went to Peter x ( Peter Lovatts ) funeral today.

Peter was taken poorly a while back and was found to have a brain cancer, despite his own fortitude

and the best efforts of the medical team he passed away.

Peter helped crew many boats that needed moving and did it for just his costs.

Also helped out on the council run boat Tarporly.

He was also a very valued member of the Narrowboat Trust and took on the treasurers job and did it extremly well.

He was really good company and ready to crew at the drop of a hat and will be very much missed by all who knew him.

Barry Adams ( Narrowboat trust )

Barry

did he crew on Tarporley in her Camden Council days?.  

Ah, that is sad news.

He came across well on the forum, always took a positive view and although he didn’t get to enjoy enough of the retirement he’d earned he seemed to make good use of the time he got.

Like Rob I encountered Peter in passing on the BCN Challenge. I recall asking the crew “Which one of you is Peter?” as we waited for them to extricate Nuneaton off the cill of Ryders Green lock no 7 five years ago.

It so happens Rob and I will be boating through Ryders Green again in a few weeks time and I’m sure we’ll take a moment to remember Peter.

JP

• Greenie 1

Just to clarify the NBT didn’t cill Nuneaton in the sense that my comment implies. Due to low levels it got stuck on the cill exiting the lock going uphill requiring water to be run down to free it.

JP

Edited by Captain Pegg
  • Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Captain Pegg said:

Just to clarify the NBT didn’t cill Nuneaton in the sense that my comment implies. Due to low levels it got stuck on the cill exiting the lock going uphill requiring water to be run down to free it.

JP

Good to see you back Cpn Pegg

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

Good to see you back Cpn Pegg

Cheers Matty,

I’ll be contributing when there’s boating to be talked about. Just planning by what route I’ll be arriving at Stowe Hil in September and when I’ll have the bathroom refitted and can set off.

JP

• Greenie 1

On 03/04/2021 at 21:28, Captain Pegg said:

Cheers Matty,

I’ll be contributing when there’s boating to be talked about. Just planning by what route I’ll be arriving at Stowe Hil in September and when I’ll have the bathroom refitted and can set off.

JP

Well we've got you down for blacking, how high up the wet room do you want us to  bl?ack??

• Haha 1