double flue or not for RCD

Featured Posts

59 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

For extra " safety " you could always lag the radiators so they are cool to touch and no heat escapes :D

Haha, you are a wag. (Hope that doesn't have another meaning - I've lived a sheltered life)

It's not been mentioned but I , me personally, think a double skin flue would be best / advised / sensible if the fire is by the front doors. Very easy to get singed as you go out in heavy seas...

• Greenie 1

Waste of heat near the front doors, better in the middle of the boat. Ugly things twin wall flues and the chimneys are horrible.

Prefer a bit of perforated stainless steel around the flue, then you get the heat safely.

• Greenie 2

1 hour ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Waste of heat near the front doors, better in the middle of the boat. Ugly things twin wall flues and the chimneys are horrible.

Prefer a bit of perforated stainless steel around the flue, then you get the heat safely.

An excellent suggestion and give 'you' an oportunity to fit a chimney that looks right. While you're at it - get a collar that makes the chimney stack vertical and not looking like something out of a cartoon. It took me agec to find one....

1 hour ago, OldGoat said:

While you're at it - get a collar that makes the chimney stack vertical and not looking like something out of a cartoon. It took me agec to find one....

Or fit a wedge shaped packer under the commonly available chimney collar.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for all the answers and suggestions. I fitted a sailaway out 10 years ago and was aware

of the RCD conditions then but I'd heard on the grapevine  that the latest RCD requires a flue to have  a double lining, which by the way 

I think is a complete waste of heat. I will double check the latest regs and if it's not necessary

I'll explain to the potential new owner the pros and cons of a double lining.