AdAdvicehvice

Jackie1958

Featured Posts

Don't do it!

There have been several cases of disputed ownership of boats where some sort of rent-to-buy arrangement has gone wrong. Either the original boat owner is complaining that the boat and occupier have disappeared having made only a few of the agreed payments, or the new owner is claiming to have paid the full price in instalments while the original owner says that was just rent and the boat still belongs entirely to them.

If you still want to rent, be aware that the rules for boat owners who want to rent out boats are strict. If you rent from someone doing this below the radar you run the risk of getting an unsafe boat, or you could lose your home without warning.

Quite an expensive exercise, others will be along.

It might be an idea to hire one for a week, just to see if you like it, though you don't say if you want one for holidays rather than liveaboard. 

I read it as "rent a boat (to see what boating is like ) and then buy another to 'do the deed' - Am I being naive??

This latter seems reasonable, the former hmm - as other have said.

Clarification needed please??

2 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Quite an expensive exercise, others will be along.

It might be an idea to hire one for a week, just to see if you like it, though you don't say if you want one for holidays rather than liveaboard. 

I read Jackie's post as exactly that so depending on size between £1000 and £2000 a week. Plenty of hire boat sites on the internet