Floydtilla - Buying a Black Prince Hire Boat

David Floyd

Featured Posts

Hi All

We have started a new blog that starts with our purchase of an X Black Prince hire boat and covers the process and the mods we had made to the standard configuration.

If you are looking at buying an X hire boat this will hopefully give you an idea of the process.

http://www.floydtilla.co.uk

I will be writing blog posts covering our experiences and we learn about owning a narrow boat.

Thanks

David, Sonia and Family

My first boat was a black prince boat very pleased with it, changed it a lot over the 6 years I owned it. When I came to sell it, Chris from new and used said it was a shame I hadn't left it with multiple berths as designed! In truth at times he was right it would have been easier, but boats are for living in not maximizing profits on sale 

We have kept the berths as is but have removed one of the toilets and extended the kitchen. We needed room for a more equipment for extended stays.. but we will find out how that works once we get mobile on it later this year.

D

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/03/2021 at 17:04, David Floyd said:

She is back in the water, all blacked and exterior work completed, just fitting the kitchen to complete.

We hope to pick her up in the 13/04/2021

David

www.floydtilla.co.uk

Back in the water.jpg

Don't like the greenhouse. Otherwise it looks smart, happy cruising.

• 4 weeks later...

We have now arrived at our mooring at Droitwich Spa Marina, what a friendly place this seems to be, a lot of facilities.

Our handover from Black Prince was nice and simple see https://floydtilla.co.uk/2021/05/01/picking-up-floydtilla/

Thanks

David 

• Greenie 1

20 minutes ago, David Floyd said:

We have now arrived at our mooring at Droitwich Spa Marina, what a friendly place this seems to be, a lot of facilities.

Our handover from Black Prince was nice and simple see https://floydtilla.co.uk/2021/05/01/picking-up-floydtilla/

Thanks

David 

So now you are part of a special group called boaters! Enjoy the life because it is a special way of life

35 minutes ago, David Floyd said:

We have now arrived at our mooring at Droitwich Spa Marina, what a friendly place this seems to be, a lot of facilities

We'll no doubt see you there at sometime, we're the boat right outside the office, so you'll have to walk past us to pay your bills and buy your ice creams ? .  

• Happy 1

A shame about the wayback machine link no longer working. I was one of a party that hired Black Prince boats when they started with just two boats. I did contribute some photos of the original red and black livery to the site. They didn't make it to the wayback machine, but I have posted them on the BP owners club pages of this forum as there didn't seem to be any other photos of the original livery on the web.  

Edited by Ronaldo47
typo
  • Happy 1