Marinas open

jaime66

Featured Posts

Our marina never shut, but of course you would have had to justify the travel there.

We went to check on the boat today and all good, engine started instantly.  Never seen so many people visiting boats!

On the current rules, there is no travel restriction (in England) in law except for travel outside the UK.  What is in the guidance is to minimise travel if you can, but that is not “stay local”.  That was confirming by Matt Hancock on ITV this morning, where he said it is perfectly acceptable to travel anywhere in England to visit friends and family for the day, as he would be doing at the weekend.  So no one should have any reservation about traveling to their boat for the day if they want to.

• Greenie 1

Off to the boat tomorrow as the weather is looking good - 120 miles away..... be nice to see the girl again! Preparation for a days cruise on Friday (assuming stuff will need doing, but if not time to lap up the sun on the bow!)..... (and yes, this will be two lots of 120 mile round journeys - all a bit silly still but there you go!)

4 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

Off to the boat tomorrow as the weather is looking good - 120 miles away..... be nice to see the girl again! Preparation for a days cruise on Friday (assuming stuff will need doing, but if not time to lap up the sun on the bow!)..... (and yes, this will be two lots of 120 mile round journeys - all a bit silly still but there you go!)

The daft thing about the current situation is that it would be totally legitimate for you to take some fishing tackle and night fish next to your boat (providing of course you have the correct licences, permissions etc. and it's not a river affected by the closed season).

57 minutes ago, GRLMK38 said:

The daft thing about the current situation is that it would be totally legitimate for you to take some fishing tackle and night fish next to your boat (providing of course you have the correct licences, permissions etc. and it's not a river affected by the closed season).

I guess it is down to fishing having a strong lobby.  They got fishing classed as exercise, when I fail to see that it is.  So it was legal to fish before 8 March, whist it was illegal to sit down on a bench for a rest while on your exercise.  After 8 March when you could be out for recreation, and therefore could sit on a bench, the got night fishing allowed.  I guess boats are just too close to second homes, which you can see they do not want people visiting in the height of restrictions.

Personally I feel so much better having been to the boat today, and we will be going out for a couple of miles at the weekend, then I am going to go an change the oil etc before the 12 April when we are having a few days out.  In fact I am considering going to the boat to stay on 11 April, as the rules change at midnight and therefore you will not have spend the night on the boat until the rules have changed, and I see some hire companies  have boats on hire on the 11, presumably with the same logic.  

12 minutes ago, john6767 said:

I guess it is down to fishing having a strong lobby.  They got fishing classed as exercise, when I fail to see that it is.  So it was legal to fish before 8 March, whist it was illegal to sit down on a bench for a rest while on your exercise.  After 8 March when you could be out for recreation, and therefore could sit on a bench, the got night fishing allowed.  I guess boats are just too close to second homes, which you can see they do not want people visiting in the height of restrictions.

Personally I feel so much better having been to the boat today, and we will be going out for a couple of miles at the weekend, then I am going to go an change the oil etc before the 12 April when we are having a few days out.  In fact I am considering going to the boat to stay on 11 April, as the rules change at midnight and therefore you will not have spend the night on the boat until the rules have changed, and I see some hire companies  have boats on hire on the 11, presumably with the same logic.  

Yes, the Angling Trust is very strong and represents anglers well.

You are exactly right about the second homes situation.  Can you imagine the public reaction if boats had free movement but caravans didn't?  We would be stoned at every bridge (rather than just some of them!)

Enjoy your boating, you've waited long enough....

28 minutes ago, john6767 said:

I guess it is down to fishing having a strong lobby. 

Fishists are  alive and well in the UK.

Fishing  is a dangerous sport . A guy I know slipped on some mud and broke his leg  a couple of weeks ago. 

It spoiled the days fishing for his brother who was with him.  The brother did not call the emergency services but a passer by walking a dog did.. ?