Webasto termotop C is starting and running for 10 mins and then restarts

Featured Posts

I hope you did not use glucose or even pure glycol. If you did expect corrosion problems and freezing. You need a mixture of ANTIFREEZE and water. 50-50 is the absolute maximum, 70-30 is more usual.

Antifreeze contains some form of glycol plus corrosion inhibitors. It is the inhibitors that get "used up" so if the stuff in the system had not been regularly changed it might explain the radiator pinhole you mentioned.

Edited by Tony Brooks

1 hour ago, TLarsen said:

Hey Tony Brooks 

This morning I opened my pipes and used a water hose to clean the entire system from old dirty water to new clean 50/50 water and glucose.  afterwards I ventilated all my pipes / radiators, and now the system runs like a new one.  And the heat on the last radiators on the system are way way hotter now. 

Thanks a lot for the pointers everybody was a huge help when u got a frustrated head ?

When I first got my boat I replaced the antifreeze mix in the Webasto heating system with a 50%/50% mix of Ford Long Life (10 year) antifreeze and water.

The radiators then refused to get warm. I took @Tony Brooks advice and reduced it to a 25% antifreeze 75% water mix and lo and behold, the radiators then got hot.