Question about commission and build dates

Jennifer McM

Featured Posts

Sorry if this is a dumb question ? 

We're at the point where we're 'thinking' of selling our boat in a few months time. We're the second owner. The previous owner bought the boat as a Liverpool Boat sale-away in 2006 (think ?), he took his time fitting it, (out of water), it was 'commissioned' (that's the term we were given) or should it be 'officially registered' with CRT Feb 2010. 

So if you were selling our boat, what age would you advertise it?

Thanks for your views ?

1 minute ago, Jennifer McM said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question ? 

We're at the point where we're 'thinking' of selling our boat in a few months time. We're the second owner. The previous owner bought the boat as a Liverpool Boat sale-away in 2006 (think ?), he took his time fitting it, (out of water), it was 'commissioned' (that's the term we were given) or should it be 'officially registered' with CRT Feb 2010. 

So if you were selling our boat, what age would you advertise it?

Thanks for your views ?

Why not just say, hull built in 2006 and completed/registered in 2010.

I don't think it would be honest to say describe it as new  '2010'. The hull age and condition being one of the most important aspects.

1 minute ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Why not just say, hull built in 2006 and completed/registered in 2010.

I don't think it would be honest to say describe it as new  '2010'. The hull age and condition being one of the most important aspects.

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I'd be honest and say "its a 2006 Hull on which a DIY fit-out was undertaken and it first went into the water in 2010"

I don't see any relevance about it being 'C&RT Registered' as there are 1000's of boats built every year that are never C&RT registered.

Thanks.... I agree. I've never come across this situation. I know it was sold to us as a 6 year old boat in 2016 by a broker. Want to do what's right!

3 minutes ago, Jennifer McM said:

Thanks.... I agree. I've never come across this situation. I know it was sold to us as a 6 year old boat in 2016 by a broker. Want to do what's right!

The HIN will give any buyer all the information they need - It should have been marked when the builder sold it.

It would be misrepresentation to sell it as a 2010 if the hull is marked 2006

The broker you bought it from was being 'less than honest' if he sold it as a 2010

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Greenie 1

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

The HIN will give any buyer all the information they need - It should have been marked when the builder sold it.

It would be misrepresentation to sell it as a 2010 if the hull is marked 2006

Thanks Alan. 

'Y Felinheli? Between Caernarfon and Bangor? My brother had a ketch in that port a few years ago. 

4 minutes ago, Jennifer McM said:

'Y Felinheli? Between Caernarfon and Bangor? My brother had a ketch in that port a few years ago. 

Yup thats where have been since October 2019

Heading back from the Bridge just before turning into the lock at Porth Dinorwic (hence the fenders being down).

Sunset make the colours an interesting 'cream'.

Small Size.jpg

Edited by Alan de Enfield

15 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Yup thats where have been since October 2019

Heading back from the Bridge just before turning into the lock at Porth Dinorwic (hence the fenders being down).

Sunset make the colours an interesting 'cream'.

Small Size.jpg

Was surprised (saddened) to see on Rightmove last night the Halfway House being refurbed into apartments. Used to love that pub!

We lost 'our Barry' about 5 years ago, far too soon, the love of his life was a steel hull ketch, might be in the marina 'Sea Waif'?

30 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

The broker you bought it from was being 'less than honest' if he sold it as a 2010

Our boat ticked all the boxes for us when we bought it, so the age bit didn't really matter, it's just confused us.

11 minutes ago, Jennifer McM said:

We lost 'our Barry' about 5 years ago, far too soon, the love of his life was a steel hull ketch, might be in the marina 'Sea Waif'?

Subject to C19, we'll be heading back mid April to prepare for the crane-in on the 29th. I'll have a mooch around and see if I can see a 'Sea Waif' (we are 'Sea Wolf')

Was it on the outer dock, on the pontoons, or in the main dock against the walls ?

We are on the wall (just by the life ring)

23-10-19a.jpg

20191030-110947.jpg

Great pics, thank you ?

I remember he was moored for a while by a ramp. There's a bridge nearby, we walked over the bridge to get to quarrymen's cottages, where we were staying, the cottages had been converted to holiday lets. 

Just now, Athy said:

"Launched 2010" would be an honest statement.

Perfect ?