Is it Compulsory?

JRT

Featured Posts

15 hours ago, pete.i said:

The highlighted bits are so true. You might make a lot of money, which is the main reason Youtube vlogs are popular.

I'm not sure, I watched some narrowboat vloggers being pretty frank about what they earn and I'd guess they're sitting on the 'poverty line'. They were newer ones, and maybe after a while it becomes more sustainable, but there are already plenty of seasoned vloggers to compete with (some with actual TV experience). I think it's a pretty bad way to make money, and for me it would ruin the experience of boating if I always had to have a camera on.

• Greenie 1

On 26/03/2021 at 19:46, dmr said:

Its optional but if you choose to do it then you must do it straight away before you have gained any knowledge or experience.

Also remember that the blog is not really about boating, its about You and your desire to be a minor celebrity ?.

............Dave

And hose piping camera work is a must, with wind blowing down the mike. :)

2 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

what about those that do crap vlogs?  I'm mainly referring to myself in this in case anyone ask!

Got to start somewhere, may as well be at the bottom!  The trouble is that the majority of us don't progress. 

On 26/03/2021 at 21:17, Chewbacka said:

Most importantly, plenty of exaggeration and sensationalism especially when passing through a leaky lock.

Remember there is no such thing as a leaky lock, just ‘the most dangerous’ and possibly ‘my life was at risk’ ........

can you write my vlog descriptions for me?  :)

This one tickled me with sensational title: (26) Crashing into the marina ? - YouTube

Edited by robtheplod