Eberspacher silencer

Leap of faith

Featured Posts

Hi everyone, I have had someone put in a silencer/exhaust on my system as I was told it did not have one. It seems a little quieter but not much. Anyway, I have looked at the work that has been done and it looks very shoddy in there, There seems to be an old pipe hanging loose that does look like an old exhaust and the  "new exhaust"does not look very well attached. I really do need someone who knows what they are doing to have a quick look. I am based at Wigrams Turn Marina.. Thanks

Just a suggestion - rather than pay another 'someone' to come and 'look at it' would it not be better to discuss with, and get the original guy to come back and 'make good' ?

Alternatively, post pictures on here of the installation and the 'old pipe hanging loose' (from far enough a way to get some context) and you may get some suggestions.

• Greenie 2

Get the exhaust wrong...leaking carbon monoxide...and you'll be keeping warm with the angels.

I've seen several boats with the car/ van type silencer which is just two halves pressed together in the middle.

If you block one end with your hand and blow into it...the air just gushes out of the joint.

The carbon monoxide will do the same.

If your heater is in the engine compartment...it will fill that with deadly fumes which will then flow into your cabin.

The photo I attached is a stainless steel marine exhaust...and as you can see...it's continuously welded and sealed.

You need.....a person who knows exactly what they're doing. !!

7 minutes ago, Leap of faith said:

Thanks for that it looks nothing like the picture above and when I looked this morning it smelt funny down their I really do need someone who knows what their doing to have a look. Please any recommendations. Thanks

Here are the list of approved Eberspacher installers MAKE SURE YOU USE A MARINE ONE - NOT A CAR ONE.

Car installers do not use the correct marine exhaust (or other components)

Dealersearch: Eberspächer (eberspacher.com)

Just enter your post code and it'll give you the nearest ones.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

the smell might be the newness burning off (i.e dust etc) I would contact Calcutt boats but they may not come if the boat is in Wigrams Marina. You could arrange to take the boat to Calcutt top lock for them to look at. If i was on the boat I would have a look myself.