reflek heater

Featured Posts

hi all,i`m looking at fitting a reflek diesel heater in my 57ft nb,and just wondering what KW power i would need, i`ve got the chance of a 1.6kw at the right money but not sure its man enough !, i would appreciate your thoughts,many thanks,

I would suggest going a bit bigger. Even a smallish solid fuel stove is around 3-4kW. if your boat is quite modern with spray foam insulation you can get away with a bit less output but if you have an older boat that's quite draughty and has less insulation it's worth giving a bit extra. Most narrowboats go for the 2000 series from Refleks and they seem to be nicely matched for 57ft-72ft.

1 hour ago, dreadnought said:

hi all,i`m looking at fitting a reflek diesel heater in my 57ft nb,and just wondering what KW power i would need, i`ve got the chance of a 1.6kw at the right money but not sure its man enough !, i would appreciate your thoughts,many thanks,

This chart provided by Refleks will give you some idea of the size of heater you need.  My suspicion is that the one you have in mind will not be powerful enough to deliver any more than background heat.

(Sorry I don't seem to be able to save this screenshot with the correct orientation).

refleks.jpg

Edited by koukouvagia

I have a Kabola Old Dutch stove in my 60 foot narrowboat. It is rated at 4kW and even though badly located in the port corn at the front of the cabin, is enough to get the cabin tempersture to 30°C p.us when it is well below freezing outside.

Most of the time I run it at setting 1-2 of 6.