Dash cam for boats

Timx

Featured Posts

Just now, ditchcrawler said:

Posted on lots of boating groups on Facebook as well

To be fair its not often we get one that looks as if its not an automated bot posting. 

There could be some fun to be had.

On 25/03/2021 at 14:45, Sea Dog said:

But they can shout "Dash Cam!" and "I'm gonna report you!", which will satisfy their inner East German Stasi informer. :D

Imagine if the government had said we all had to carry a location device, have cameras fitted in our cars and went on to encourage us to report on each other. It would have cost a fortune and there'd have been a human rights outrage - somehow though, they have persuaded us into buying our own! :help:

Nothing to do with the OP's question which I think is a daft idea for the reasons given. But what on earth makes you think that if we all had location devices and cameras fitted to our vehicles there would be a "human rights outrage"? There was no outrage when the numpties that have the audacity to call themselves a government told everyone to report their families, friends and neighbours if they contravened the covid laws. Make no mistake about this in a modern car there are already devices that can record your whereabouts and, if needs be, send it to some satellite or other that has a direct link to the "thought police."

1 hour ago, pete.i said:

Nothing to do with the OP's question which I think is a daft idea for the reasons given. But what on earth makes you think that if we all had location devices and cameras fitted to our vehicles there would be a "human rights outrage"? There was no outrage when the numpties that have the audacity to call themselves a government told everyone to report their families, friends and neighbours if they contravened the covid laws. Make no mistake about this in a modern car there are already devices that can record your whereabouts and, if needs be, send it to some satellite or other that has a direct link to the "thought police."

Indeed. There is a case of sombody convicted of a murder partly on the basis of location info. that his Land Rover sent to the manufacturer. Land Rover provided the info. to the police.

1 hour ago, pete.i said:

No need the chips in the vaccine will do the job!   :D

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I don't understand this rabid fear of having someone knowing where you are.

Please send me your contact details and I'll anonymously forward them to my ex-girlfriend.

How familiar are you with stalking laws and injunctions? Don't worry if your knowledge is lacking in this area. You'll soon learn. Are you on first name terms with a good solicitor? No problem! This too will change...

12 hours ago, Jackofalltrades said:

Please send me your contact details and I'll anonymously forward them to my ex-girlfriend.

How familiar are you with stalking laws and injunctions? Don't worry if your knowledge is lacking in this area. You'll soon learn. Are you on first name terms with a good solicitor? No problem! This too will change...

Do you wear a tin foil hat?

• Haha 1

On 01/04/2021 at 09:25, Alan de Enfield said:

I don't understand this rabid fear of having someone knowing where you are.

Some people have things to hide or people to avoid. Most don't.

1 minute ago, Athy said:

Some people have things to hide or people to avoid. Most don't.

And yet they are quite happy to carry a phone around that allows then to be easily tracked.

Its the ignorance of the facts and the inability to understand that we are already under surveillance that makes it difficult to understand the reluctance to carrying ID cards etc etc.

Telecom companies are required to keep records of every call and text for a minimum of 6 months and a maximum of 24 months.

We have 5.2 million CCTV cameras in the UK, 96% of which are owned by private companies we are being watched (almost) wherever we go.

The mobile phone we carry tracks where we are.

• Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

You need to take the battery out, or, leave it at home, or set it on Airplane Mode.

It is still trackable when switched off.

But not trackable on airplane mode?   That is what you seem to imply.