Photos and help on No Smell Hose Replacement Installations please

Featured Posts

Hi

I want to replace all of the Vetus No Smell pipes on my black tank (because of course they stink). It seems like rigid solvent waste pipes are the way to go. As I am a complete beginner I was wondering if anyone had any photos of rigid pipe installations on their tanks so I can see how it is done and see also how the pipes should connect to the tank. Any info is welcome. Many thanks

Thank you I will have a look. I am particularly interested in how I connect the Vetus hose fittings that are fixed to the top of the tank to the first rigid pipe. Not sure what connector to use. I remember seeing somewhere people still using a some of the flexible hose to do this?

Hi. Yes I did. I used a solid PVC pipe. I can't remember which one now but a decent plumbing supplys will be able to advise you. I do recall it's about a 1" bore and has connections that can be broken down in case of very severe blockage. Fortunately that has not occurred. You w still need some very short flexible connection to the tank but that's easy to achieve. I do also recall the cost was pennies in comparison to the crappie Vetus no smell rubbish. 

I can't recall if I blogged it. 

10 minutes ago, Biggles said:

Hi. Yes I did. I used a solid PVC pipe. I can't remember which one now but a decent plumbing supplys will be able to advise you. I do recall it's about a 1" bore and has connections that can be broken down in case of very severe blockage. Fortunately that has not occurred. You w still need some very short flexible connection to the tank but that's easy to achieve. I do also recall the cost was pennies in comparison to the crappie Vetus no smell rubbish. 

I can't recall if I blogged it. 

You posted about it somewhere as I read it.  https://boatbuildblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/down-tubes.html

Edited by ditchcrawler

We have a vacuuflush loo that I might be tempted to dynamite one day but the point of this is that the Leesan bendy hose (semi rigid really) that goes to the tank has been trouble free and stink free for more than 10 years so that might be an alternative. (you can also take it out and give it a damn good thrashing to break up the calcium or whatever it is inside)