Tug at Diglis

Heartland

Featured Posts

Swallow Built by Pollocks Of Faversha - Length : 12 metres ( 39 feet 4 inches ) - Beam : 2.89 metres ( 9 feet 6 inches ) - Draft : 1.21 metres ( 4 feet ). Metal hull N/A power of 120 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 75581 as a Powered Motor Boat.  ( Last updated on Wednesday 22nd May 2013 )

Thank you, so it is, seemingly, the 1937 Thames Lighterage tug.

At Diglis this craft is presently limited to the basin and is too wide to go up the locks. With the lock gates at No 1 lock being replaced, Swallow cannot go onto the Severn, but then the water flow it quite fast at present !

Swallow as been moored at Diglis opposite my boat for a good few years and I have only once seen the owner (I presume it was the owner), he was pressure washing the steelwork off and that was a couple of years back. This is the first time I have seen her moved of its mooring, thankful he is taking care of this historic vessel.