Stop dumping ash!

Maffi

Featured Posts

59 minutes ago, Maffi said:

I wouldn't tell you to foook off, you have a sweet dog!

Sadly no more. Drayton the Dog passed away last year he had a good life as a boat dog. In regard of telling me to foook off, even if you found reason to I'd still buy you a pint just to jaw about the Mr Angrys of this world who pop up in the most unexpected places and generally lower the mood.

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Midnight said:

Sadly no more. Drayton the Dog passed away last year he had a good life as a boat dog. In regard of telling me to foook off, even if you found reason to I'd still buy you a pint just to jaw about the Mr Angrys of this world who pop up in the most unexpected places and generally lower the mood.

Oh that's sad. My old girl is 15 now cant have much longer to go.

Just now, tree monkey said:

I have a feeling you can cope :)

Oh I can!

1 minute ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

It's only harassment if you feel harassed by it, personally I find comments on a discussion forum a bit too trivial to feel harassed by;)

I have worked really hard to get a reputation as a miserable, grumpy old bastard, so on the surface I dont care, but the lies are very annoying.

16 minutes ago, Maffi said:

Oh that's sad. My old girl is 15 now cant have much longer to go.

Regarding the 'old girl' I managed to get a Newfie to last to 15 years (told they only normally last until 10), they are as young as they feel.............until they aren't?

5 minutes ago, Maffi said:

Oh I can!

I have worked really hard to get a reputation as a miserable, grumpy old bastard, so on the surface I dont care, but the lies are very annoying.

Just look at the lies as enhancing the reputation you aspire to without the work:D. You've never seemed that grumpy when we've met.;)

5 hours ago, Chris John said:

And the foul language in front of kids that you fail to mention? 

Ah, I've realised how clever you think you are, join a topic with and angle and throw in your side winder backing up a seeming victim....

You also said you were leaving the forum due to poor moderation in early Jan.

You have done it several times.

Posted December 25, 2020

•  

I arrived at these moorings in Hinckley on Christmas Eve thinking I’d stay until day after Boxing Day. First thing that greeted me was 3 piles of dog poo. Moored up then 2 of the boats on the residential moorings started generators, not a problem to me. Then there was the constant barking of a dog. Getting slightly annoyed now. On and on it went until about 8 pm. 
Next morning at dead on 8am (Christmas morning) a generator started. Time to move I think, which I did. 
I have to say I’m not sure where the dog barking came from but none of the generators were from Narrowboat girls boat.

• Greenie 1

11 hours ago, Chris John said:

Strange why people would want to tell lies, especially when it’s more than 1 person. Wonder why that is? 

That's because there is more than one numpty who thinks that shouting at people to 'Slow Down' because their boat is rocking is a proper way to behave. It's not! I can see the problem, you live in a house!

• Greenie 1

On 26/03/2021 at 13:47, Maffi said:

You are quite right but what has that to do with people dumping their ash. Modern Smokeless ash is not the same as proper old ash

It may not be the same but that on its own does not mean that it is not useful/usable. It does however appear to fall into the camp of those who think that anything that is different from 'the old way of doing things' must be inferior.

9 hours ago, Mike Todd said:

It may not be the same but that on its own does not mean that it is not useful/usable. It does however appear to fall into the camp of those who think that anything that is different from 'the old way of doing things' must be inferior.

Its not about doing things the old way its about not dumping toxic trash anywhere you please. Its against the law!