Hot Tub on a wide beam

nbfiresprite

Featured Posts

29 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

I think David meant the original photo was photoshopped.  It looks like it.  In fact it looks like a narrowboat with a tiny lady in it.

No - for real. It is for hire from Beacon Park Boats on the Mon & Brec - widebeam called Owl.

3 minutes ago, jpcdriver said:

No - for real. It is for hire from Beacon Park Boats on the Mon & Brec - widebeam called Owl.

you are indeed correct sir, still think it’s a publicity shot that’s been doctored from diff times of day as shadows just don’t seem right or the sharpness of the lady compared to the boat. problem is i used to do that sort of a thing for a living so i’m super sceptical of digital photos :D 

Speaking as someone who believes that everything on a boat should have a film of diesel/coal dust/ash/mud/dog hair or grease on it I can only shake my head and wonder what the world has come to.

• Greenie 3

34 minutes ago, Bee said:

Speaking as someone who believes that everything on a boat should have a film of diesel/coal dust/ash/mud/dog hair or grease on it I can only shake my head and wonder what the world has come to.

get in it a few times without bathing first, it’ll soon have a film of something on it :D 

we’ve rented a cabin up at Kielder a couple of times with a hot tub, explicit instructions to fully shower before using it and a chap came by every morning to clean the filters and add chemicals. was delightful to sit in with a cold beer after a day’s walking or cycling though.

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

And full of tossers each evening, I suspect...!

?

32 minutes ago, Scholar Gypsy said:

When the children were little we blocked up the foredeck drain holes and made a paddling water, using River Thames water. Good for cooling them down ...

How did you stop the water from getting into the cabin? Or river water from going down through your water tank vent pipe?

I've had Thames river water in my water tank when the yard at Laleham pulled my stern up their slipway to get the prop off. I was standing at the bow doors to give them a shout if the water got too close to the base of the door threshold. It got within about 2" and it was only then I realised that the water tank vent pipe was submerged.

Edited by blackrose

2 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

The one at the end of Pontoon A with the Hells Angels badge on the 'mast' ?

(He had 4 shorelines connected when we were moored alongside him.)

That's it. 

When we arrived Nov 2018 the boat that came in before us moored in front of him. We were in the office when he came in complaining that all the hookups were taken. Andy just told him to unplug anyone he wanted. Just hope it wasn't his charger.

Spring 2019 they replaced the tub. Good fun watching them carrying it down the pontoon.

Edited by pearley