Mooring wanted: Nantwich(ish) area

NB DW2

Featured Posts

I'm looking for a mooring in and around the Nantwich area that's got both hook up and somewhere to park.  I'd rather not be in a marina if possible with it being for liveaboard use.

Nantwich is great for my commute to work and there's lots of different routes so you're not stuck on the same stretch.

Any ideas or known spots welcome.

Thanks

24 minutes ago, NB DW2 said:

Thanks.  I had one on the farm moorings at Swanley Bridge last year with hook up and great patio area and I'm on their waiting list.

I think I know where you mean - around the Henhull area?

Think so. I used to be up and down there a lot as I moored near Chester. There's another one with no access -you need a dinghy to reach your boat.

12 hours ago, NB DW2 said:

That's Henhull.  Cheap as far as moorings go...but wouldn't fancy using a dinghy every day.  I think the novelty would wear off ?

Between that one and Barbridge is another, which used to be a farm with resident goats but has now had another couple of houses built. That would have proper access. There were about a dozen boats there last time I went past. There are also some houses at Barbridge itself that seem to let moorings, just north of the junction, or there were a few years back. One certainly had someone living there for years.

I can't think of any actually at Nantwich itself. Chas might have a couple at Beeston.

Further north, there's Top Farm at Croughton, between Chester and Ellesmere Port, where I lived for a while, though I think they're being difficult about living on now. There was a basin with power you could use but none to the boats, but there was water & Elsan.

Edited by Arthur Marshall

both Henhull and Barbridge are Waterside Moorings, Henhull has no electric and is only accessible by tender but has parking, Barbridge by the houses has no electric no water and also has no parking. there are vacancies at both as i was looking last week just out of curiosity.

27 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

The one I was thinking of is at bridge 98, Vickers bridge. You can see the moorings on Open Canal Map if you zoom in. I haven't seen anyone living on there, but it might be worth a try.

ahhh, just after the pipe bridge as you pass Hurleston res? think there's one of those boats there with a rollcage over the welldeck :) 

Overhead zoomable pic (pale blue and yellow boat is one i mean)

Edited by Hudds Lad
found a pic

There was a space or two advertised offside above Cholmondston lock last summer which is run by Venitian marina. Parking i would assume would be allowed at the marina but i dont know about hook up. Maybe worth a phone call. I seem to recall there was also space advertised on the offside farm moorings going down the Middlewich branch about 1/2 mile before Stanthorne lock. Seems to be car parking but again not sure on hook up. Although not quite Nantwich but not to far if you have transport. Sorry no contact details.

• Greenie 1