Lockdown restrictions in Wales does not bode well for boating.

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

We are in England and our Boat is in Wales ............................

English holidaymakers will not be able to visit Wales when self-contained accommodation reopens at Easter, First Minister Mark Drakeford has said.

Mr Drakeford told BBC Radio 4's Today programme that he hoped tourism would be open to people from outside of Wales by the summer, if the Covid situation continues to improve.

"At Easter time, Welsh people will be able to travel for holidays over Easter within Wales, and to self-contained accommodation," Mr Drakeford said.

"The rules in England will not permit that. The Prime Minister's roadmap says that for the weeks after March 29, people should minimise travel, there are to be no holidays, and people won't be allowed to stay away from home overnight. If it won't be safe to stay overnight in England, then obviously it would not be safe for people to travel into Wales," he added.

But we know that you can’t stay away from home until 12 April in England, so I don’t think the Wales rules add a further restriction.  When you can travel and stay away in England, you will be able to go to Wales.

Just now, TheBiscuits said:

You've got two spare ones darn Sarf ...

Funny you should say that - we are just discussing it.

She's out of the water but we are thinking about calling the marina getting her washed fuelled up, serviced and put back in the water.

Have to see what happens at todays announcement (12:15) and in the next review in 3 weeks.

The crane is booked for the 29th April (for the Cruiser)  so hopefully it may have changed by then.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

We are in England and our Boat is in Wales ............................

English holidaymakers will not be able to visit Wales when self-contained accommodation reopens at Easter, First Minister Mark Drakeford has said.

Mr Drakeford told BBC Radio 4's Today programme that he hoped tourism would be open to people from outside of Wales by the summer, if the Covid situation continues to improve.

"At Easter time, Welsh people will be able to travel for holidays over Easter within Wales, and to self-contained accommodation," Mr Drakeford said.

"The rules in England will not permit that. The Prime Minister's roadmap says that for the weeks after March 29, people should minimise travel, there are to be no holidays, and people won't be allowed to stay away from home overnight. If it won't be safe to stay overnight in England, then obviously it would not be safe for people to travel into Wales," he added.

maybe you should move house to Chepstow, then you could get the best of both worlds.    B)

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Thanks for that, I might just do that, after all I've done it myself for the last 10+ years.

I've only been doing mine for a year now, but I won't be stopping now since I rather like it. At my last cut, just before Lockdown 1, my barber was bemoaning how many new barbers shops were opening with the aid of government grants and the negative effect that was having on the established businesses in the area. I suspect there'll be many like me who've no further need for the service, so I don't doubt there'll be some/many barbers who are unseen business victims of the Covid restrictions.

49 minutes ago, midnight cowboy said:

The Wales.gov website suggests holiday lets might start BEFORE 12/4 so you should be able to go to your boat there

Thanks, but he reiterated that the borders will not be open to the folks living in England until (at least) the 12th April as before then the English should not be travelling about anyway, and is taking the line that if they cannot travel in England then they should not be travelling in Wales.

18 minutes ago, midnight cowboy said:

Precisely what I had meant to say!

I plan to go up to Llangollen from Nantwich last week of April 

We (and about 30 others) have the crane booked for the 29th April, but I need a week before to 'do stuff' and dewinterise her.

Hoping for the best but prepared for the worst !