How can I add a picture icon against my name on postings, please?

Featured Posts

Click on your name, profile, then click on the profile image, and upload an alternative. 

Exact details depends if your using a mobile/tablet/computer so if that isnt enough lead let us know what device you are using,

Daniel

3 minutes ago, Marc Hartley said:

Yes I've done that, with a picture of my boat, but as you can see above, I just get a generic silhouette against my name when I post.

You've done your cover photo, not your avatar.

Click on your name and on the next page you should have a little icon in the bottom left of your silhouette.  Click that and it gives you an upload option.

Welcome to the forum by the way Marc.  Have you been accosted with photos of tubs of noodles recently? :D

On 11/03/2021 at 10:47, DHutch said:

Click on your name, profile, then click on the profile image, and upload an alternative. 

Exact details depends if your using a mobile/tablet/computer so if that isnt enough lead let us know what device you are using,

Daniel

Thank you. Done.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Bobby Blue said:

Hi guys, new member here, I can't find anything in my settings to enable me to upload a profile picture, create a signature or banner, can anybody help?

It's in your profile, click on the icon that looks like this image.png.1f5dd06af92fa8ee7bcaa79e079d6ddd.png then you can upload a picture.

image.png.4a58cebfb377102f4c4e4f9d1fa82423.png

14 hours ago, buccaneer66 said:

It's in your profile, click on the icon that looks like this image.png.1f5dd06af92fa8ee7bcaa79e079d6ddd.png then you can upload a picture.

image.png.4a58cebfb377102f4c4e4f9d1fa82423.png

Hi, I don't have that in my profile all I have is this (see attachment) same with my banner, nothing

Screenshot 2023-04-18 222426.png

2 minutes ago, Bobby Blue said:

Hi, I don't have that in my profile all I have is this (see attachment) same with my banner, nothing

Screenshot 2023-04-18 222426.png

same with my settings, it says that my profile is complete and I can only change user name, email address and password, no options to upload profile picture, banner or signature to be found

Screenshot 2023-04-18 222830.png

2 minutes ago, David Mack said:

Do you have to have a minimum number of posts before you can add a profile picture? 

I was just going to suggest exactly the same.

One for admin. to answer I reckon.

11 minutes ago, Bobby Blue said:

Haven't got a clue

Sorry BB, the point wasn't really for you. Certain functions on the forum are not available until you have a minimum number of posts - something to do with limiting the damage spammers and bots can do before the mods can shut them down - and I wondered if the ability to add profile pictures etc was included in this. I had a look at my profile page and it is like Buccaneer's with options to add/edit all sorts, whereas yours looks very basic in comparison.

1 minute ago, David Mack said:

Sorry BB, the point wasn't really for you. Certain functions on the forum are not available until you have a minimum number of posts - something to do with limiting the damage spammers and bots can do before the mods can shut them down - and I wondered if the ability to add profile pictures etc was included in this. I had a look at my profile page and it is like Buccaneer's with options to add/edit all sorts, whereas yours looks very basic in comparison.

Ok thanks David, I guess i will have to keep posting and periodically take a look to see if I can upload profile pic etc