North T&M Moorings.

Callum4878

Featured Posts

Evening all,

Currently in Lancashire but looking to move into Cheshire as soon as possible, any recommendations for marinas/moorings on the T&M, preferably as close to the  Bridgewater

as possible? So far have only looked at Uplands and Anderton marinas.   Need to travel to St Helens pretty much daily to look after my elderly horse, hence the preference for as far north as    possible.

Thanks, Keith

A bit further south than Anderton there is Park Farm Marina and another two in close proximity which I can't off hand remember the names of.  Black Prince at Acton Bridge also have on line moorings and they  are the closest to the Bridgewater.

haggis

3 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Orchard Marina,  Park  Farm Marina, Oakwood Marina all at  Rudheath, Northwich.

Preston Brook Marina.

Runcorn Marina.

Ah yes, Orchard and Oakwood were the names I couldn't recall

haggis

36 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Orchard Marina,  Park  Farm Marina, Oakwood Marina all at  Rudheath, Northwich.

Preston Brook Marina.

Runcorn Marina.

Although Preston Brook Marina is on the Bridgewater, and the OP specified T&M.  I assume mooring there would require a Bridgewater licence.

10 hours ago, Callum4878 said:

Currently in Lancashire but looking to move into Cheshire as soon as possible, any recommendations for marinas/moorings on the T&M, preferably as close to the  Bridgewater

as possible?

All those mentioned on the T&M itself (apart from Black Prince at Acton Bridge) are “as close to the Bridgewater as possible”, but if you are bringing a boat by water from Lancashire, all of them are the wrong side of the landslip stoppage between the Anderton Lift and Barnton Tunnel, which will reportedly take some months to fix, and that may impact your “as soon as possible”. Unless you go the long way round via the Macc.

Edited by AndrewIC
Minor correction re BP

14 minutes ago, AndrewIC said:

All those mentioned on the T&M itself are “as close to the Bridgewater as possible”, but if you are bringing a boat by water from Lancashire, all of them are the wrong side of the landslip stoppage between the Anderton Lift and Barnton Tunnel, which will reportedly take some months to fix, and that may impact your “as soon as possible”. Unless you go the long way round via the Macc.

Black Prince are the "right" side of the stoppage but they are on line

haggis

• Greenie 1

Hi all, thanks as ever for the replies, hadn’t seen the land slip stoppage, and that has thrown a serious spanner in the works. I’d love to go the long way around but have commitments unfortunately. Acton bridge is still a prospect, so will give that a look.

Keith

Sorry, think I posted this in the vintage engine section, as that’s where I am mostly.

Callum is 28 this year, so very elderly for a very big horse, so I don’t think he’ll be moving again. Also my wife is still working, although not for much longer hopefully. We were planning on becoming continuous cruisers when free to do so.

7 minutes ago, Callum4878 said:

Callum is 28 this year, so very elderly for a very big horse, so I don’t think he’ll be moving again. Also my wife is still working, although not for much longer hopefully. We were planning on becoming continuous cruisers when free to do so.

SWMBO's International competition Driving Horse is now in her mid 30's, retired and out 'on loan'.

When they have given you a lifetime of service they deserve to be cared for & looked after.

"Hippo" is a  10 year old (in his prime) Normandy Cob, and we also have between 7 and 20 Welsh Moutain Section A Ponies but they 'run wild as a herd' at home.

Vincent Dad 1.jpg

• Greenie 1

5 hours ago, Callum4878 said:

Hi all, thanks as ever for the replies, hadn’t seen the land slip stoppage, and that has thrown a serious spanner in the works. I’d love to go the long way around but have commitments unfortunately. Acton bridge is still a prospect, so will give that a look.

Keith

Sorry, think I posted this in the vintage engine section, as that’s where I am mostly.

There are also some CRT moorings near Acton

8 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

There are also some CRT moorings near Acton

I thought all the moorings before and after the Black Prince yard were Black Princes. Not sure about the ones near Phil Dowlings mooring though

haggis

35 minutes ago, haggis said:

I thought all the moorings before and after the Black Prince yard were Black Princes. Not sure about the ones near Phil Dowlings mooring though

haggis

They are the ones I was thinking of bur couldn't remember the exact spot