Featured Posts

It was on last night but they are just too annoying,so I mostly didn't watch, just catching a few snippets.

I see Sheila has been taking steering lessons from Tim.

The towpath seemed to change sides every time they switched between boat level and drone shots.

Then they went up Wolverhampton Bottom Lock, Sheila moaning all the while about having to do 21 locks, apparently having not noticed the locks they had already passed through since leaving Stourport. Then they left the boat on the lock mooring while taking a taxi into Wolverhampton. Having returned they were then back on the S&W, with no mention of having to go backwards down the bottom lock.

I watched the program last night and enjoyed it! Ok as a boater you could see the things you mention but the program was not produced with the aim of pleasing boaters, I imagine. I enjoyed their obvious enjoyment of  canal boating and the little chats about their relationship I thought were lovely. I enjoyed it more than I enjoyed Tim and Pru and I enjoyed their programs. 

I think this was the last in a short series but I would have enjoyed watching more 

haggis

• Greenie 4

10 minutes ago, haggis said:

I watched the program last night and enjoyed it! Ok as a boater you could see the things you mention but the program was not produced with the aim of pleasing boaters, I imagine. I enjoyed their obvious enjoyment of  canal boating and the little chats about their relationship I thought were lovely. I enjoyed it more than I enjoyed Tim and Pru and I enjoyed their programs. 

I think this was the last in a short series but I would have enjoyed watching more 

haggis

That sums up my feelings too. 

12 minutes ago, rustynewbery said:

It's good for continuity watching; since when was there a row of houses opposite Westport lake?!  

I haven't watched the programme, but there's a whole estate just across the bridge from the visitor centre carpark.

Looks like it's been there for 20 years or longer.

Edit: Built in 2004/5

Edited by TheBiscuits

I suppose if you watch theses things with the eagle eye of an experienced boater, especially one with long experience of this canal, it was all a bit disjointed. One scene showed them leaving Kinver, then nearing Autherly junction only to appear on the Wolverhampton 21. However, I don't think these programmes are made for any other purpose than entertainment and should just be accepted as such. However, how old Sheila puts up with the Brandreth boy is beyond me. Small doses recommended.

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, Laurie Booth I.S.M. said:

Does anyone know the name and location of the pub they had the Indian meal at?

We were thinking the same having stopped in Wolverhampton a few nights last year. Looked delicious food!

8 hours ago, Laurie Booth I.S.M. said:

Does anyone know the name and location of the pub they had the Indian meal at?

The external scenes show Sheila and Giles walking towards the Bruford Arms, which looks like this place: https://www.facebook.com/mrbrufordarms/

Certainly looks to be worth a visit if I pass that way.
Simon

1 hour ago, robtheplod said:

David Suchet is a keen boater I think?  We looked at his old boat at ABNB when we we're looking....

.. or what about Ronnie O'Sullivan? Although he has sold his boat now. Suppose he'd always be bouncing off things....

2 hours ago, Simon Pooley said:

The external scenes show Sheila and Giles walking towards the Bruford Arms, which looks like this place: https://www.facebook.com/mrbrufordarms/

Certainly looks to be worth a visit if I pass that way.
Simon

Looks right, not sure how far away it is from the canal. Thanks :)

13 hours ago, robtheplod said:

David Suchet is a keen boater I think?  We looked at his old boat at ABNB when we we're looking....

Patron of the Lichfield and Hatherton restoration society.

13 hours ago, sueb said:

Plenty of actors have experience of boats. Mark Williams and others have come via Mikron

Harrison Ford and Callista Flockheart should present the next series.