Census 2021

frangar

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Manxcat said:

For those who do not wish to be included in the 2021 census, go to Scotland for the day. ?

The Scottish Government has decided to put the census back till 2022 due to the CV19 pandemic.

Scotland's Census 2022

Sorry that does not work

I'm away from home

If you're away from home on Sunday 21 March 2021, you can fill in your household form before you go. Don't worry if this isn't possible, you can fill it in as soon as you can after you get back. You can also use your access code to complete the census online while you're away.

I'm temporarily living or staying outside of the UK

If you're not in the UK on Sunday 21 March 2021 and will be away for less than 12 months, you should still be counted in the census.

You should be included on the form at your permanent or family address in the UK if you have one.

1 hour ago, Manxcat said:

For those who do not wish to be included in the 2021 census, go to Scotland for the day. ?

The Scottish Government has decided to put the census back till 2022 due to the CV19 pandemic.

Scotland's Census 2022

Are Scotland currently allowing visitors from England?    I thought they only allowed day visits for the purpose of work.

22 minutes ago, Alway Swilby said:

Does anyone know when the 1921 census is published? There's going to be people I knew on there and I'm looking forward to it.

Next year, probably January.  It will all be online and digitised too.

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/about/news/contract-awarded-to-publish-the-1921-census-online/

https://www.findmypast.co.uk/1921-census

On 04/03/2021 at 19:17, Jerra said:

Two thoughts cross my mind.

1.  Isn't it a legal requirement?

2.  If enough people don't bother the future supply of hospitals, roads, sewage etc will be a little out of kilter because as far as I know the info from the census is used for future planning knowing how many people, in what age groups, and where.

Yes on both counts.

I shall be taking part and willingly I think t is a very useful data gathering exercise.  I have also found it useful in terms of investigating familly history. The census over the decades and centuries are key sources of information.

Census people came to the boat and gave me a form today. I live aboard but I'm not on a residential mooring.

The last time that happened was 2001 when I was moored at Hunton Bridge on the GU during the foot & mouth outbreak. I was CCing at the time but got stopped there for about 3 months. 

In 2011 I was moored on an island on the Thames without any road or foot access so they couldn't get to the houses on the island or to my boat.

Edited by blackrose