Narrowboat B&B

ditchcrawler

Featured Posts

On BBC 2 this evening at 1830 hrs. Refitting a Narrowboat for B&B

Fiona's Narrowboat Master craftsman Simon Parfett and his team are in Bradford-on-Avon to help single mother Fiona transform her 110-year-old narrowboat into a thriving short-rental business. Faced with an almost empty shell, it looks like being a big job. Before long, Zoe is painting and renovating the interior, while Simon and Ian maximise the space with foldout beds and a copper-fronted bath in the stern

• Sad 1
  • Horror 3

23 minutes ago, Victor Vectis said:

Oh dear.

At 21:58. Is that really a 'No Mooring' sign I can see through the window?

(Yes, I have watched it. Well, I've not much else on this morning. All the paint in the house is dry, after all)

In that area it's not been unknown in the past for people to put up their own no mooring signs to reserve a space. Perhaps they've revived the tradition.

28 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

did anyone else cringe as they happily just drilled through the roof to bolt up the bunk bed?

Certainly did, no gaskets or sealing of any kind. What would you sleep on?

I flinched at his Master Craftsman timber joints, the whole thing is a disaster.

• Greenie 1

i also noticed them start hand painting roses, and after that there were vinyl stickers plastered everywhere.

for a so-called “master craftsman” his joinery was bloody awful, he should stick to titivating sheds with that George Clarke muppet.

3 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

i also noticed them start hand painting roses, and after that there were vinyl stickers plastered everywhere.

for a so-called “master craftsman” his joinery was bloody awful, he should stick to titivating sheds with that George Clarke muppet.

You should have seen the caravan they were involve with modifying, it looked like a shed 

43 minutes ago, Victor Vectis said:

But it's a CaRT sign with a arrows pointing in either direction.

And they've got a rope around it!

Is it not possible that the T.V. company asked CART for a the use of a quiet bit of canal, and paid to use it?

9 minutes ago, Athy said:

Is it not possible that the T.V. company asked CART for a the use of a quiet bit of canal, and paid to use it?

It is, but one would have thought a good producer would spot the discrepancy - I have a friend who made his first (and probably his second) million by eradicating exactly that kind of glitch

Mind you, I did say a good producer...

There was a be-yooooo-tiful beaten copper sided bath. And a be-yoooo-tiful copper washing basin. Ummmmm......toilet???? Obviously no room for that so it was going to be a buckit 'n chuckit job for all six B&Bs all through the day and all through the night. Pleasant!! My husband walked away when they drilled through the roof. It was a truly ridiculous programme. At least Guy Martin made a half decent stab at it.

9 minutes ago, Victor Vectis said:

Stop being so bl00dy reasonable.

We're in the middle of a good rant here!

?

Sorry. It's just my nature.

Or, of course, it could be a private mooring which the owners of the b&b have reserved as a business mooring, and the sign is to prevent other boats parking there whilst the b&b is out cruising.

Edited by Athy