Railway Alan (Tryphina)

Featured Posts

Hiya everyone. I dont know how i came across this forum but i am very happy i did

If anyone has any photos of Railway Alan that they have and could share and stories me and my family would love that. 

We lost him just after christmas 2019. 

Please feel free to get intouch 

Thanks for reading

Nicola (his oldest grandaughter) 

Edited by RailwayAlansgranddaughter
spelling
  • Love 1

He had one named after my cousin. I can't remember what it was called. i will ring my mom later and ask her. Think one had my middle name in it. Isabella

haha my grandad did give zero sh!ts I really do bet ya neighbours loved that. I loved that when he was doing the redditch - lichfield route he would let me sit in the front with him. i loved it. it was so cool. back before the days of health and safety etc.

Thank you thats amazing!

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, RailwayAlansgranddaughter said:

I am 95% sure i have found Tryphina....it has been renamed. i wish i had 22 grand to buy it. but i'd rather hold on to the memories i had on the boat

https://www.abcboatsales.com/boat-sales/ariel/?fbclid=IwAR2vyul3XnCSIUbqFQiyplDnhxyw4y4DN-jI2rkwtgibOrs1JrOXbNPrzFA

Are you sure?  Ariel is a 45ft boat and based on the middle of an old working boat and Tryphina was apparently 50ft.

Paul 

On 14/06/2021 at 12:11, RailwayAlansgranddaughter said:

I am 95% sure i have found Tryphina....it has been renamed. i wish i had 22 grand to buy it. but i'd rather hold on to the memories i had on the boat

https://www.abcboatsales.com/boat-sales/ariel/?fbclid=IwAR2vyul3XnCSIUbqFQiyplDnhxyw4y4DN-jI2rkwtgibOrs1JrOXbNPrzFA

Isn't that the other half of @Liam's Ariel?