Gas-Fired water heater

RodneyMcC

Featured Posts

I’m trying to replace my Truma water heater. Truma now advise that their products are not rated for marine use and therefore guarantee would be null and void.

Does anyone know of any suppliers of gas fired water heaters, similar to Truma?

Why are you asking this again? I suspect you got all that answers we can give last week.

If you are asking again because something has changed or you have more information then it is probably best to share that.

Edited by Tony Brooks

1 minute ago, RodneyMcC said:

Sorry, our mistake! ?

No problem. A lot of new members don't seem to realise just how fast we respond to questions and  how much expertise there is here so often think asking again will get more responses. Of Course, it might but here its just as likely to put someone's back up. Anyway hope you get it sorted.

Any chance of telling us what is wrong with the Truma. Its not common on boats but it must have a lot in common with other gas heaters so it may be fixable with a bit of knowledge.

Thanks Tony,

The second posting was a mistake. The Truma has been fitted in my boat, a 33’ 1974 Princess cruising the inland waterways of Ireland, since I bought it over 20 years ago. I think the pcb has failed. I need a gas-fired unit as many berths up and down Ireland do not have mains. Truma (and Propex) have stated that their units are not approved for Marine use, and whilst they would do the job, if any was to go wrong then the guarantee would be null and void.

I appreciate all the responses I’ve had on my first posting on the forum.

Rodney

Just had a thought, have you looked at "Caravan Breakers" to see if second hand ones are available? I think some PCBs are are listed.  I doubt your boat has an air cooled engine so its possible a calorifier could be plumbed in. If you have no mains shoreline you will have to run the engine fairly frequently to charge the batteries so that would give you hot water as well.

Edited by Tony Brooks

• 1 month later...