Massive respect to crafters

tree monkey

Featured Posts

Looking at an over large pile of rags I thought to myself seems a shame to just use all that to clean oily bits, also I could do with a new rug, put 2 and 2 together and make a rag rug, never tried to make one before, can't be that difficult can it...

Well, ok, it's not exactly difficult to create a rough arsed rug, I am sure better people can make a finer quality one with fancy pictures but I am happy with my attempts.

At least if I ever finish it because, dear god it's slow, I mean really slow, this is about 2 days work, I wonder how long my natural pig headedness with keep me at it before I throw in the towel (rug)

20210302_175024.jpg

The shaggy types are much quicker,  got mine done in about 10 days off and on.

Edited to add....I just know I'm going to get "quick shag" remarks so I'm getting in first! 

Edited by Ally
  • Greenie 1

On 02/03/2021 at 18:18, tree monkey said:

Yeah, I decided on this rather than the true rag rug because I thought it might be quicker and I quite like the look

Should that be  "why aye".  ?

• Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, MoominPapa said:

As in "Diven' drop ya dottle on the proggy mat!"

MP. (pseudo-geordie, retd)

Now that's just inflammatory ..... you know how upset some people get when members speak Welsh.  :)

Edited by mark99
  • Greenie 1

2 hours ago, mark99 said:

Now that's just inflammatory ..... you know how upset some people get when members speak Welsh.  :)

I'm not a Geordie or pseudo geordie but that is perfectly understandable to me.   (At least I know what it would mean is said this side of the pennines).

As an artist and crafter, I can safely say that Tree Monkey has never said "massive respect" to me about anything I've created. ?

On 04/03/2021 at 13:20, Jerra said:

I'm not a Geordie or pseudo geordie but that is perfectly understandable to me.   (At least I know what it would mean is said this side of the pennines).

Pseudo Geordie? ? Is that someone from Sunderland? ??

• Greenie 1

11 minutes ago, BlueStringPudding said:

As an artist and crafter, I can safely say that Tree Monkey has never said "massive respect" to me about anything I've created. ?

Pseudo Geordie? ? Is that someone from Sunderland? ??

I haven't a clue it wasn't me who coined the phrase I am from t'other side of the Pennines.

• Greenie 1