Identifying my canal cruiser

Gavin wootton

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, Tonka said:

Dont think so.

The cockpit sides are sloping in that one. The shell in the OP doesnt have any cockpit sides at all.

The rise at the rear top of the cabin roof is also curved upwards, the one in the OP is much more abrupt.

I think what we seem to be looking at here is variations of an orginal model/mould that possibly has been modified or copied and altered a number of times.

6 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I think what we seem to be looking at here is variations of an original model/mould that possibly has been modified or copied and altered a number of times.

as many of those grp cruisers were as the moulds went for company to company.

Edited by Tony Brooks

41 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

as many of those grp cruisers were as the moulds went for company to company.

I think they still do on the broads. Lots of boats look very similar. I have some pics. of moulds at Richardson's at Stalham somewhere.

The rubbing strakes are a bit of a giveaway. 

Given a choice of Burland or Headline it's definitely the latter. On the Burland the strakes go further forward.

The windows are also the same type as in the blue one below. In fact they seem to be identical windows just arranged in a different order. 

Screenshot_2021-03-03-04-35-39-947_com.android.chrome.png.f9b1671401b197c43267e8bcf0931566.png

Screenshot_2021-03-03-04-31-04-842_com.android.chrome.png.dca94bd99129705bb2f672aeb299378e.png

Edited by magnetman

3 hours ago, David Mack said:

You mean, all the right windows, but not necessarily in the right order?

The image of the same boat posted previously doesn't come up on my phone that's why I missed it.

Screenshot_2021-03-03-17-41-30-092_com.android.chrome.png.b8eb074062b70913a3632840b4f1d8d4.png

Had I paid more attention at school I would have noticed that the name of the boat was part of the link text. 

Edited by magnetman