Composting toilet waste disposal in CaRT bins

IanD

Composting toilet waste disposal in CaRT bins  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Should CaRT continue to allow non-composted human waste from composting toilets to be disposed of in their waste bins (previous CaRT policy) or ban it (updated CaRT policy)?

• Yes, they should continue to allow this in future
    • No, this should be prohibited in future
    • I don't care

Featured Posts

25 minutes ago, haggis said:

Martin, for goodness sake calm down. I don't know what it is about you but for a while your posts are "normal" and sometimes even interesting but then a red mist seems to come down and you start playing the man and not the topic and it is not only boring but not nice to read. You then start hurling insults and generally being a "not nice" guy and I wish when you felt yourself getting into that mood you would go chop sticks or something till the red mist goes. This is nothing new and you , in all your guises have behaved like that. 

I don't particularly want to put you on ignore but if you keep spoiling topics you will become my first ever ignore.

haggis

PS It you are in red mist mode I just know you will come back at me to prove what I am saying but I have absolutely no intention of  discussing it with you. Life is too short. 

If I am attacked I will defend myself.

All of this kicked off last night when I was attacked by Matty yet again and then Frangar joined in, again out of the blue using a four letter expletive, now removed.

If he keeps doing that then I will defend myself, it really is quite simple. So no red mist involved just responding in kind.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

2 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

If I am attacked I will defend myself.

All of this kicked off last night when I was attacked by Matty yet again and then Frangar joined in, again out of the blue using a four letter expletive.

If he keeps doing that then I will defend myself, it really is quite simple. So no red mist involved just responding in kind.

Not really. It started this time with you making what I thought  was an insulting comment to Ian D on which Matty commented. However, that is just one instance. The flak usually starts flying with you making an unneccessary comment at someone and you seem to enjoy it escalating. You are not defending yourself. You are hurling insults. 

Go think, Martin

haggis

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, haggis said:

Not really. It started this time with you making what I thought  was an insulting comment to Ian D on which Matty commented. However, that is just one instance. The flak usually starts flying with you making an unneccessary comment at someone and you seem to enjoy it escalating. You are not defending yourself. You are hurling insults. 

Go think, Martin

haggis

It was for Ian to respond to, no body else had to stick their oar in. Ian is more than perfectly capable of sticking up for himself. He chose not to, fair enough.

Think on, if Matty hadnt stuck is oar in we wouldnt even be having this exchange. He isnt a moderator here although he does seem to think he is sometimes. His attack wasnt needed and they are not wanted in the future either.

6 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

It was for Ian to respond to, no body else had to stick their oar in. Ian is more than perfectly capable of sticking up for himself. He chose not to, fair enough.

Think on, if Matty hadnt stuck is oar in we wouldnt even be having this exchange. He isnt a moderator here although he does seem to think he is sometimes. His attack wasnt needed and they are not wanted in the future either.

You are really proving haggis point. And that four letter insult was very mild compared to what I originally wrote. I didn’t realise you could be so easily offended! 

2 minutes ago, frangar said:

You are really proving haggis point. And that four letter insult was very mild compared to what I originally wrote. I didn’t realise you could be so easily offended! 

And you really are proving mine. Sticking your oar in.

Its incredible that you simply cannot see that really.

1 minute ago, The Happy Nomad said:

And you really are proving mine. Sticking your oar in.

Its incredible that you simply cannot see that really.

Without wishing to be seen to be "putting my oar in" this is a discussion forum, if somebody makes a post anybody is allowed to reply, in anyway they feel fit so long as it is within forum rules.

• Greenie 2

Just now, Jerra said:

Without wishing to be seen to be "putting my oar in" this is a discussion forum, if somebody makes a post anybody is allowed to reply, in anyway they feel fit so long as it is within forum rules.

You should realise that only Martin is allowed an opinion. And his opinion should never be challenged 

1 minute ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Thats the job for the moderators. 

Sometimes it’s better that the members moderate themselves first. 

Just now, frangar said:

You should realise that only Martin is allowed an opinion. And his opinion should never be challenged 

Not at all. But the hypocrisy of some is incredible.

2 minutes ago, frangar said:

Sometimes it’s better that the members moderate themselves first. 

Lol.

6 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Not at all. But the hypocrisy of some is incredible.

Yes isnt it!! I think you win a prize for it most days...Its a wonder you enjoy caravanning....the outfit must be overweight just with your ego.....

12 minutes ago, Jerra said:

Well that is of course correct, but if people do and in doing so attack another member then they really have no grounds for complaint if they get a response in kind.

1 minute ago, frangar said:

Yes isnt it!! I think you win a prize for it most days...Its a wonder you enjoy caravanning....the outfit must be overweight just with your ego.....

Lol.

No perfectly matched

Having had a dig into this recent pile of sewage, Mr Happy Nomad speculated that I'm quite capable of defending myself and everybody else should butt out. The reason I didn't reply is that I've got so fed up of his drivel that he's on my ignore list, he's simply not worth arguing with.

And if he responds to this with more insults, I won't be reading them either. Let him howl at the moon if he wants to; free speech means he can do that. But it also means nobody has to listen to him. It's like poo on the towpath, it's there and it's nasty but you don't have to step in it... ?

Edited by IanD

4 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Well that is of course correct, but if people do and in doing so attack another member then they really have no grounds for complaint if they get a response in kind.

Jerra's point is valid, and so is yours.

But the last few pages have consisted primarily of three (occasionally perhaps more) members having a personal argument amongst themselves. May I suggest that they continue it via the Private Message facility, as they are perfectly entitled to do? It does not make good reading on the pages of the public forum, and we may need to close this topic if it continues. Thank you for your understanding.

Edited by Athy

5 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Sorry but there are times when you do what my Grandma used to call "trailing your coat tails" i.e. go looking for a fight.   For example declaring somebody is stalking you just because they have the temerity to comment on your post.

Remember it is a discussion forum and anybody can reply to anybody.   The easiest way to avoid what you see as attacks is a) don't attack anybody else and b) ignore the posts you consider an attack.

It really is simple and leads to a much more harmonious discussion and forum.

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, Athy said:

But the last few pages have consisted primarily of three (occasionally perhaps more) members having a personal argument amongst themselves. May I suggest that they continue it via the Private Message facility, as they are perfectly entitled to do? It does not make good reading on the pages of the public forum, and we may need to close this topic if it continues. Thank you for your understanding.

If I may suggest, the topic / thread is of sufficient importance that is should not be locked, surely it is easy enough to to hide the last couple of pages of bickering and 'clean' up the crap* from the thread.

Locking a thread will simply result in a new thread being started but with the 'flow' being broken.

Locking should be a last resort, not the first.

*Intentional use

• Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

If I may suggest, the topic / thread is of sufficient importance that is should not be locked,.

- You may indeed - but locking it would not hide the earlier content.

Locking should be a last resort, not the first.

- What makes you think that it would be the first?

Edited by Athy

8 minutes ago, Athy said:

Moving the argument to PM doesn't solve anything. Surely its better to discuss in public so that other members may make their own minds up? The trouble with posters like Martin is that he's very good at making new and prospective members reluctant to post.

• Greenie 1

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

But locking means that it falls off the bottom of the page, a new thread will be totally disjointed.

"Hide and continue" (please)

Or leave it as it is....lets not get back to a nanny forum please

4 minutes ago, matty40s said:

You are quite welcome to remove my recent drivel on here so long as you remove banned DoghouseMJGHappyNomad keyboard diarrhoea as well.

It does make you wonder why someone who acts so innocently has to have so many forum names......

edited to add

Im guessing from the reactions he seems compelled to add its some form of illness that causes it

Edited by frangar