Composting toilet waste disposal in CaRT bins

IanD

Composting toilet waste disposal in CaRT bins  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Should CaRT continue to allow non-composted human waste from composting toilets to be disposed of in their waste bins (previous CaRT policy) or ban it (updated CaRT policy)?

• Yes, they should continue to allow this in future
    • No, this should be prohibited in future
    • I don't care

Featured Posts

This poll won't pick up all the boaters who don't care either way.  So it's hardly of relevance.  Also, your poll is leading and skewed in its wording.  The "(because they did in the past)" bit is especially problematic because it implies that's the only reason to vote that way.

• Greenie 4

2 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Err what about allow it in the future with CRT to supply appropriate facilities.

Exactly.  This poll is simplistic to the point of uselessness.

I might support a ban if done in the right way, but the poll doesn't consider any level of nuance.

Edited by doratheexplorer
  • Greenie 1

I also don't agree with it being a public poll. People may want to vote a particular way without everybody knowing what they voted for. There is no need for it not to be private 

34 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

This poll won't pick up all the boaters who don't care either way.  So it's hardly of relevance.  Also, your poll is leading and skewed in its wording.  The "(because they did in the past)" bit is especially problematic because it implies that's the only reason to vote that way.

Happy now?

1 minute ago, Chagall said:

No, all you did was leave the bias in the title.

I must have my brain not working fully today.   Where is the bias in a choice between old policy and new policy which is all the question asks.

1 minute ago, Jerra said:

I must have my brain not working fully today.   Where is the bias in a choice between old policy and new policy which is all the question asks.

Then come back and look at it again when your brain is fully working. 

9 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

Still limited options, Where's "CRT provide compost bins" 

It's not a question of Being Happy, it's about a fair choice. 

I could also add "CaRT find magic poo fairies to make the problem go away" -- which everyone would vote for, but is not a realistic option... ?

It's like having an option on the Brexit referendum of:

1. Stay in and keep paying EU costs but getting benefits in return

2. Leave and stop paying EU costs but lose benefits

3. Leave and stop paying EU costs but keep the benefits

Which do you think people would vote for? That would be the unicorn option, then...

The poll was simply to find out whether people want poo-bagging to continue or stop or didn't care, to answer the questions about where the majority opinion was and whether this was all a storm in a teacup -- which is why I added the "don't care" option.

Edited by IanD

Just now, Chagall said:

Then come back and look at it again when your brain is fully working. 

You said it was biased I am asking you why you think it is.   If you can't explain it fair enough, it probably isn't biased.

2 minutes ago, IanD said:

I could also add "CaRT find magic poo fairies to make the problem go away" -- which everyone would vote for, but is not a realistic option... ?

It's like having an option on the Brexit referendum of:

1. Stay in and keep paying EU costs but getting benefits in return

2. Leave and stop paying EU costs but lose benefits

3. Leave and stop paying EU costs but keep the benefits

Which do you think people would vote for? That would be the unicorn option, then...

The poll was simply to find out whether people want poo-bagging to continue or stop or didn't care, to answer the questions about where the majority opinion was and whether this was all a storm in a teacup -- which is why I added the "don't care" option.

Having composting bins is a viable option, you just don't agree and wouldn't, obviously, vote that way yourself. Blue sky thinking can produce workable solutions, not if you put limits on it though. 

• Greenie 1

Just now, IanD said:

I've even removed the ability to see names to prevent any embarrassment or victimisation...

Those are of course were not reasons why I sugggsted making it private. 

1 minute ago, Jim Riley said:

Having composting bins is a viable option, you just don't agree and wouldn't, obviously, vote that way yourself. Blue sky thinking can produce workable solutions, not if you put limits on it though. 

It would be preferable if it were a viable option but has anybody either done or found a costing for providing and running a composting system, say marina based.

3 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

If you can think of a way of adding this without allowing voting for an impossible unicorn solution (lower taxes *and* better public services...), I'm happy to do it.

Edited by IanD

1 minute ago, Jerra said:

It would be preferable if it were a viable option but has anybody either done or found a costing for providing and running a composting system, say marina based.

Not one that has any chance of working, in spite of many arguments...

Just now, IanD said:

Not one that has any chance of working, in spite of many arguments...

I can't see how it can be categorically stated composting bins are a viable option unless somebody somewhere has full access to a costed business plan showing they are viable.

Just now, Jerra said:

You said it was biased I am asking you why you think it is.   If you can't explain it fair enough, it probably isn't biased.

Actually to be pedantic you didn't ask, a question usually has a question mark after it?  

The bias is in the lengthy phrase "non-composted human waste from composting toilets to be disposed of in their waste bins"  the previous edict from CRT was that waste such as nappies (human faeces) can be left in the general waste bin suitably bagged. By laboriously tagging the words onto the poll it is skewing the result against composting toilet owners, and particularly those who do not properly compost.   The second part of the question (with no lengthy phraseology)  "or ban it" was again skewed to emotively guide those who have already voiced increasingly aggressive calls to ban it!  

Might I respectfully suggest adding to the poll another option in that ideas for a solution might be worth considering?  Just adding "I dont care" isn't particularly useful. 

• Greenie 1