Million pound barge

ditchcrawler

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Who on earth would have an internal wall coated in moss ?

I remember Arthur Bray saying, as he climbed off Raymond for the last time .......

"That's me finished, the day The Company refuses to fit my bulkhead with Portuguese Moss is the day I go!"

• Haha 1

Didn’t get why the narrowboats were on, sorry to say not one that was anything special and in the higher end of Narrowboat design, construction and price. Would much rather of seen some of the original Dutch barges that have been brought over from the Continent and renovated to a high standard.

1 hour ago, PD1964 said:

Didn’t get why the narrowboats were on, sorry to say not one that was anything special and in the higher end of Narrowboat design, construction and price. Would much rather of seen some of the original Dutch barges that have been brought over from the Continent and renovated to a high standard.

It was a bit of a odd program.  I can only assume that the narrowboats were there to so the other end of the boat owning spectrum to an expensive static houseboat.  Anyway it passed an hour of lockdown, so that is good.

26 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

And yet the 'Bonham' boat was quite pleasant, a little too 'busy' for me but tastefully done.

True, classy and stylish compared to the others.

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

And yet the 'Bonham' boat was quite pleasant, a little too 'busy' for me but tastefully done.

Definitely my favourite too.

1 hour ago, PD1964 said:

Totally agree. It seemed strange to have a 20K narrowboat in a program about million pound barges. That was a whole different program.

2 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Totally agree. It seemed strange to have a 20K narrowboat in a program about million pound barges. That was a whole different program.

Even the “Foxes afloat” so called high end Narrowboat at £130K was nothing special and lacked any character.

A local boatbuilder would easily eclipse that with a better shell, an interior with character for £20K less.

Another local builder is regularly building boats for customers from £200-£300K which are totally bespoke and mind blowing which would of been more in keeping with the programme title.