Covid rules anyone?

Midnight

Featured Posts

Did a (legit) 65 mile round trip today, first time properly out and about for weeks.

Was surprised by the amount of traffic about but what was noticeable was there seemed to many more marked police cars knocking about.

Didnt see anybody pulled over but there did seem to be more coppers around Durham way.

2 hours ago, Philip said:

By 'local', how many miles is that?

The 12th April date you mention is a bit misleading, as the 'stay at home' legal restriction is scheduled to end on 29th March. After that it is 'guidance against', which is a nonsense terminology really and won't be enforced.

Don't worry about it, we will be in another lockdown by then

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Don't worry about it, we will be in another lockdown by then

Cases will rise before the end of the month due to schools going back on Monday 

Little darlings wont suffer from it but will be perfect carriers between their parents who are not yet vaccinated ?

• Greenie 1

9 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Little darlings wont suffer from it but will be perfect carriers between their parents who are not yet vaccinated ?

Pretty well impossible to keep schools shut much longer without serious detriment to kids education. Ive seen first hand how well our granddaughter's school and teachers have done but home schooling has its limits.

Its also apparent not all schools have had as much input to their kids as others.

Granddaughter has had remote classes every morning and afternoon, some kids are lucky if they are getting that once a week. I have no idea why its so variable.

43 minutes ago, Loddon said:

That is a definite possibility and why there are 5 weeks between stages to be able to see if there has been any detrimental effect of the easing.

Edited by Jerra
  • Greenie 2

27 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

Village school here has been open for weeks. The deprived key worker queue of Audi’s Mercedes and Range Rovers, has been growing by the week. It’s back to normal. They drag them here from the town over the hill, past the ‘inferior’ local schools.

I guess money talks? My daughter had to up sticks and move to fall into the catchment area of a decent school for our granddaughter.

I think from the 29th of March until the 21st of June, how far you can travel locally will, for most narrowboats, be determined by the proximity of winding holes in each direction.

I have always thought myself lucky in having a winding hole 10 minutes away in one direction and 25 minutes away in the other direction, but now I'm not so sure.

Edited by cuthound
To remove a space masquerading as a letter.