Covid rules anyone?

Midnight

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Athy said:

Something like that except that, as I understand it, they can afford to drink only 80% as much beer as usual.

Not so, beer is much cheaper from shops than from pubs, so they can drink more than usual. Not the same beer or experience at all of course, but perhaps a consolation for some. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, alias said:

Not so, beer is much cheaper from shops than from pubs, so they can drink more than usual. Not the same beer or experience at all of course, but perhaps a consolation for some. 

That assumes that they were drinking in the pub in the first place.

I loved pubs for years, but in the last five years I've set foot in the Brasenose near our mooring than I have in my local down the lane from our house. In fact, apart from two visits to Mr. Smelly's open-air bar beside the Oxford, I haven't been in a British pub since December 2019. I'm quite content to have a drink at home with Mrs. Athy.

56 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

i prefer my beer about 4% or 5% anything that was 80% would not end well :) 

That's true - you could try using it as hand sanitiser but even then it would leave your hands very sticky.

3 hours ago, alias said:

That's true - you could try using it as hand sanitiser but even then it would leave your hands very sticky.

If it really were 80% then there would not be much room left for anything sticky!

2 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

When the "Road map" was announced they said the first stage was in 2 steps.

I have driven thousands of miles during (various) lockdowns and never seen a single police car stopping people, let alone been stopped myself. Haven't been to Wales, mind. I'd just go to the boat if I were you, and your cover story is that you're letting it out this year so you're travelling for business.

2 minutes ago, Paddle said:

I have driven thousands of miles during (various) lockdowns and never seen a single police car stopping people, let alone been stopped myself. Haven't been to Wales, mind. I'd just go to the boat if I were you, and your cover story is that you're letting it out this year so you're travelling for business.

Or that the marina needs the boat moving out of its berth quickly, or that the crane booking will be lost with no refund if it's not moved soon..

9 minutes ago, Paddle said:

Or I suspect the Lake District.   I saw 2 cars stopped this week one on an A66 roundabout and one at the M6.

• Greenie 1

37 minutes ago, nbfiresprite said:

This has just arrive from the marina office on the subject of the route out of lockdown

Summary Guidance English Marinas 05.03.21.pdf 570.24 kB · 13 downloads

Reading that its wrong in places specifically from  12th April its single households only overnight not multiple.

No wonder people get confused when organisations put out advice that conflicts with the government guidance.

We will not be leaving home to visit the boat before 12th April as a 500mile return trip is not minimising travel.

7 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

So apparently on 8 March I can spark up the mighty lister change the oil and move as long as I don’t go overnight, or pick up a paint brush.

And the mighty lister has to be local to your home until 29th March

• Greenie 1

8 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

So apparently on 8 March I can spark up the mighty lister change the oil and move as long as I don’t go overnight, or pick up a paint brush.

It depends on who gives you their interpretation IMO.   The opinion below suggests (at least to me) that from the 8th it is only in open boats.   I see other interpretations suggest it is OK if you only go inside for the toilet.

image.png.c21400675292249c2c5109e008d6ffe0.png

11 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Reading that its wrong in places specifically from  12th April its single households only overnight not multiple.

No wonder people get confused when organisations put out advice that conflicts with the government guidance.

We will not be leaving home to visit the boat before 12th April as a 500mile return trip is not minimising travel.

By 'local', how many miles is that?

The 12th April date you mention is a bit misleading, as the 'stay at home' legal restriction is scheduled to end on 29th March. After that it is 'guidance against', which is a nonsense terminology really and won't be enforced.

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

Local was defined at the start of the lockdown as "your village, town or part of city".  Not defined in miles but the implication seems to be travel as little as possible.

• Greenie 2

27 minutes ago, Philip said:

The 12th April date you mention is a bit misleading, as the 'stay at home' legal restriction is scheduled to end on 29th March. After that it is 'guidance against', which is a nonsense terminology really and won't be enforced.

Local means your home area, village, town council area or similar.

Not misleading at all I was refering to my circumstances.

Yes I can go to my boat from the 29th but cant stay over so as I said with a 500mile round trip that takes 9 hours if I leave at 6am then I get an hour or so on the boat and get home at 6pm, its just not worth doing and is certainly not minimising travel.

Edited by Loddon
  • Greenie 1

44 minutes ago, Loddon said:

But how local is local? 

1 hour ago, Philip said:

Or that the marina needs the boat moving out of its berth quickly, or that the crane booking will be lost with no refund if it's not moved soon..

There was a marina based boat in Weedon on Sunday afternoon, with 2 police issuing a penalty notice and a CRT enforcement officer accompanying.

Someone obviously grassed them up, getting a CRT bod out of bed on a Sunday is unheard of.

• Greenie 2