Covid rules anyone?

Midnight

Featured Posts

I'm just waiting on the new strain of Covid - see we have a Brazilian one and hotspots around Dover now when a full boat of 12 immigrants were all positive on arrival over weekend...

Get good weather, and new strain of Covid (which will hit many peoples spirits hard) and not even the Welsh police will be able to contain people!

2 hours ago, robtheplod said:

I'm just waiting on the new strain of Covid - see we have a Brazilian one and hotspots around Dover now when a full boat of 12 immigrants were all positive on arrival over weekend...

Get good weather, and new strain of Covid (which will hit many peoples spirits hard) and not even the Welsh police will be able to contain people!

Were they all positive? 

image.png.0643dde4678fc401f2cd012aeb404dd7.png

4 hours ago, Graham Davis said:

I've been stopped twice in Welshpool, coming from Shrewsbury, and Dyfed Powys Police have been regularly stooping people around Aberystwyth and in the Brecon Beacons.
Both times my journeys were legitimate as I was transporting patients to and from hospital appointments.

The stepson was stopped the other week he works in ground management and was down south, it does happen Graham as you say

1 hour ago, alias said:

Were they all positive? 

image.png.0643dde4678fc401f2cd012aeb404dd7.png

Just confirms what an @rse that man is. Trouble is he's said it now so hundreds will be believing it and spreading it on Facebook and Twitter. He wont care if it's factually incorrect, it suits his agenda.

He is possibly one of the vilest individuals who has ever 'graced' UK politics.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

4 hours ago, robtheplod said:

No they weren't. That's just Farage doing his usual sh1*stirring. The Home Office tweeted that all 12 tested negative.

• Greenie 1

I can’t see this posted anywhere - apologies if repost

https://britishmarine.co.uk/-/media/Waterway-businesses-guidance-table-England-only--v2.pdf

taken from this page

https://britishmarine.co.uk/coronavirus

It will be interesting to see how/if CRT respond, and whether standing on the back of a narrowboat is considered “open air”. No doubt another can of worms.

gabble

5 minutes ago, gabble said:

It will be interesting to see how/if CRT respond, and whether standing on the back of a narrowboat is considered “open air”. No doubt another can of worms.

gabble

My reading of the download doesn't suggest open air it says "open air boat" and later uses the term "indoor boat" so to me open air boat means open boat e.g. rowing boat and indoor boat means a boat with somewhere that people can get inside.

I know there is little difference between standing at the helm of a narrowboat and being in an open boat.  However my opinion is they try to differentiate so there is no chance of people being inside together in the early stages.   Which is likely to happen is you have more than a single person on  a narrowboat and it starts to rain.

On 28/02/2021 at 11:15, Midnight said:

According to a FB group an article in Towpath Talk reads "The government and other bodies have now recognised the risk posed by restricting access to vessels and therefore state that if the visit is to check on its safety, this would be an acceptable reason to travel."

Can anyone point me to where the government have stated that?

I live 85 miles from our mooring and looking at the gov.uk site I can only find restrictions on travel and overnight stays.

Just to add something similar from a different source :

I've just had an email from my lumpy water Yacht Club saying that it's one of the most frequently asked questions that the RYA isn't giving an answer to. However they have sent us The Yacht Harbour Association guidance for boat maintenance.

They haven't posted it on the TYHA website yet, it's just come direct via an email to yacht clubs so far. It is caveated with a "you must stay local" note though :

"Therefore the TYHA’s interpretation (where clear guidance is not available from Government) is as follows:

Boat Maintenance:

• If a boat owner needs to work on their boat to ensure that it is safe to use (seaworthy) then this is permitted from 8th March
  • Other general maintenance on boats is not permitted until 12th April at the earliest.  "
Edited by gatekrash
added "stay local" caveat

is anyone else getting concerned that Furlough has been extended to September? (several facebook posts on it but cant find anything myself)  We're all supposed to be free in June so odd why it goes on for so long.... usually its furlough that is the early indicator of lockdowns... :(

Edited by robtheplod

4 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

is anyone else getting concerned that Furlough has been extended to September? (several facebook posts on it but cant find anything myself)  We're all supposed to be free in June so odd why it goes on for so long.... usually its furlough that is the early indicator of lockdowns... :(

Has it?

Linky please. Google doesnt concur.

1 hour ago, robtheplod said:

It'll be in the hope that businesses can get back on their feet gradually, phasing people back into work. The alternative would be bankruptcy for a lot of small firms, and a walloping great increase in unemployment.

• Greenie 1

On 01/03/2021 at 14:52, Athy said:

Trees do seem to be a magnet for day-trippers.

I haven't noticed any cop cars snooping around this part of Norfolk, but then I haven't been further than the postbox (100 yards) for about a fortnight.

They are using NPR in my bit of North Norfolk just wait for a ping that a car is out of county, stopped a lot of cars at Blickling and sent them back the other way. Looking for second homers on coast.  I’m off to my boat in London on Sunday as you can use a boat as a residence for work and I’ve got a week of work in city so I will be doing a few boaty jobs of an evening. But will head back after work finishes, and not leave home after for 10 days not even to the post box.