Breakdown cover

BODs SR2

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

Friend of mine lost drive, lister box and engine, called RCR and he looked in the engine room and said I dont know anything about them and left, didn't even ask him to start it, 3 days later when no one else had visited he called Jonno out from Braunston. It was a tarpaulin on the skeg. The RCR chap didn't even check if the prop shaft was turning or if the keyway had failed on the prop. You couldn't see the tarpaulin through the weed hatch, only in gear and looking at the stern.

That's more or less what one guy did to me. But another one took my broken starter off,  came back next day and fitted a new one, all for free. Another walked two miles down the towpath twice to try and fix a broken fuel pipe. Another sorted the gearbox out, and two took the damn thing away to fix and got it back without breaking it, although one of them did bugger up the flex coupling in the process, but RCR paid £1000 a time towards the costs. I know nothing about engines and am now too old & stiff to get underneath it anyway. RCR give me a bit of peace of mind. If they do send a non Lister bloke, if you grumble enough they will find you one. Often, you don't need one, just a generalist.

• Greenie 1

4 hours ago, r-harris said:

7 hours ago, r-harris said:

Thanks folks relatively new to this game so just asking. Rebuilt the boat from scratch so proficient at most things but engines and gearboxes do me in. It’s a lister SR2 with LH150 box. I’ll have to ask the RCR about it. Cheers. 

If you need engine manuals, drop me a PM with your email address. I've got the two SR2 manuals on PDF somewhere.

3 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

If you need engine manuals, drop me a PM with your email address. I've got the two SR2 manuals on PDF somewhere.

Edited by r-harris
Remove personal info

14 hours ago, r-harris said:

Thanks. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. If I can get to grips with it all I’d like to keep the engine. 

Ooooh, don't put you email address for all to see, send on private message or you may get spammed for ever.

Edited by Athy

They do keep going. Had mine thirty years, probably twenty years older than that at least. I'll send you the manuals tomorrow -my main computer's currently in surgery with, rather like me, memory problems!

As Tracy says, nip in here and delete your post with the address on. I've noted it.

Edited by Arthur Marshall

1 hour ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Ooooh, don't put you email address for all to see, send on private message or you may get spammed for ever.

Sorry didn’t know what PM stood for need to get to grips with all this. Thanks anyway. 

1 hour ago, Arthur Marshall said:

They do keep going. Had mine thirty years, probably twenty years older than that at least. I'll send you the manuals tomorrow -my main computer's currently in surgery with, rather like me, memory problems!

As Tracy says, nip in here and delete your post with the address on. I've noted it.

Ok Arthur thanks 

7 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

That's weird  I'm sure it wasn't showing in Tracy's post when I saw it first.

The original post had the personal info. removed but not the quoted one.

I'm a retainer member and very happy.  I've used RCR twice in the last year.  Both times, the same young guy called (I think) Jake, came out.  He was brilliant.  First time was a battery switch/starting issue and he sorted it, fitted a new part which didn't cost much.  Second time was for an annual service at a competitive price.  Both times he took to time to discuss my engine etc, what he'd done and why.  Highlighted some minor issues which might need attention in the future.  I've paid considerably more for an engine service in the past at a marina and had a far worse experience.

I can't praise RCR enough.