Bubble stove out Morso in

Oddjob

Featured Posts

Yesterday had the most useless bubble stove removed and consigned to the skip and a Morso Solid fuel put in. Had the double walled flue system fitted as well “Loads of money” but looks good. They also made a steel fire place for it to stand on as the tiles break from the weight of the stove.  
So now we look like proper boaters with bags of coal on the roof lol. 
Very happy with it expensive but worth it. 

image.jpg

• Greenie 3

6 minutes ago, Oddjob said:

Yesterday had the most useless bubble stove removed and consigned to the skip and a Morso Solid fuel put in. Had the double walled flue system fitted as well “Loads of money” but looks good. They also made a steel fire place for it to stand on as the tiles break from the weight of the stove.  
So now we look like proper boaters with bags of coal on the roof lol. 
Very happy with it expensive but worth it. 

Good looking stove, it should give you years of service. Mine is at least 20 years old. I would advise placing some kind of a pan on the floor when tending to the stove. Hot pieces can fall out beyond the fire's ledge. 

Edited by Higgs

When I bought my boat 8 years ago it had a diesel bubble stove fitted.

When used for the first time it was leaking diesel out the lever thing on the right and smoking out the boat from the hot stove body. Was going to install a solid fuel stove anyway as wanted a stove. Waited 2 months for a Woodwarm fireview 4.5kw. Have a back boiler in it too, that heats bathroom and bedroom. Best thing I bought for the boat. Not replaced any parts on the stove yet. Vermiculite fire boards are cracked and thinning and took baffle plate out the other day to clean and still has 6-8mm of steel thickness left. Grate bars, door seal ropes, door glass all original. Best £769.00 for fire plus £135.00 for back boiler I spent. Looks very dusty in picture and not as clear image and black as just re-painted it 3 months ago. Old Lumia phone camera.

WP_20210227_00_41_58_Pro.jpg

Edited by canals are us?
  • Greenie 1

23 hours ago, Oddjob said:

Yesterday had the most useless bubble stove removed and consigned to the skip and a Morso Solid fuel put in.

I take it you mean a "diesel fueled Bubble Stove", as I have a Bubble solid fuel stove which is a perfectly delightful unit and certainly doesn't warrant being described as "most useless". 

• Greenie 1

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I take it you mean a "diesel fueled Bubble Stove", as I have a Bubble solid fuel stove which is a perfectly delightful unit and certainly doesn't warrant being described as "most useless". 

Same as mine, but mine is a delightful diesel/kero/biodiesel, I only need it if its cold and it lights in seconds produces no dust or smells whats not to like about them? Its also a back boiler model so when its on it heats the whole boat via radiators

Edited by peterboat
  • Greenie 2

19 hours ago, peterboat said:

I like my bubble stove its easy to light and dust free perfik for the bedroom 

Same with my Kabola Old Dutch stove. It took me a couple of years to learn how to clean it properly and adjust the high and low flame settings, but once I cracked that then I havent looked back.

Quick to light, clean, controllable and cheap to run on kerosene. What's not to like?

• Greenie 2