Original BWB logos

SE Barlow

Featured Posts

Wobbly anchor?

I have a scan of the 1970/80s "half a moustache" from a letter head which should enlarge, I've also got an original sticker on the cabinside of a workboat which is in very poor nick, but will at least give the dimensions. It's on my "to-do" list to measure up.

The colour is BS381C 175 Light French Blue, I just I wish I knew what the font was.

53 minutes ago, SE Barlow said:

Yes, brilliant Ray T.  I just bought the matchbox.  Surprisingly hard to find any material online with this visual identity. Thanks.

get me a flat un-angled pic of that and i can make you a vector as .eps or .svg if you like ;) 

13 minutes ago, Pluto said:

This is scanned from the 1969 BWB annual report, the first time the logo was used. They stopped using it between 1988 and 1991, though I haven't identified exactly when.

BWB.jpg

Known amongst BW men as "the wavy navy" apparently - I've a few bits of memorabilia with it on, and a boat in the garage

It once appeared in an April Fool joke with BW rebranding as "Aquantis" - when I get far enough through MY WW collection I'll post it 

23 hours ago, Rose Narrowboats said:

Wobbly anchor?

I have a scan of the 1970/80s "half a moustache" from a letter head which should enlarge, I've also got an original sticker on the cabinside of a workboat which is in very poor nick, but will at least give the dimensions. It's on my "to-do" list to measure up.

The colour is BS381C 175 Light French Blue, I just I wish I knew what the font was.

It looks very close to Impact, which is about the right age. https://fontsinuse.com/uses/25213/the-impact-of-impact-typeface-advert-brochure

51 minutes ago, AndrewIC said:

Scrub that. Close, but not quite.

Closest I can find is Folio Extra Bold

It's near as dammit Folio XBd, but with a few tweaks, so different to the Bitstream version i have. Cap W stretched wider horizontally, lower R stretched thinner horizontally, left bar on lower T cropped short, also loses a bit of definition due to ink bleed.

attached is a ,jpg from the vector i've made, can't attach .eps or .zip/.rar etc.

if you want the file, drop me a PM and i'll give you a download link ;) 

BWB Stacked Logo.jpg

• Greenie 2