Jump to content

Source for metal/hard plastic rings


Featured Posts

Hope someone can help me out, I am trying without much luck to source  metal (preferably polished metal s/s etc) ring with internal diameter 56mm and cross section of say 3 or 4mm. I've done the eBay and Googled but drawn a blank. Help appreciated

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, plainsman said:

Hope someone can help me out, I am trying without much luck to source  metal (preferably polished metal s/s etc) ring with internal diameter 56mm and cross section of say 3 or 4mm. I've done the eBay and Googled but drawn a blank. Help appreciated

 

These people sell Stainless rings in a variety of sizes :- https://www.gsproducts.co.uk/stainless-steel-roundrings/

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, plainsman said:

Thanks David and Nomad, link useful but unfortunately no sizes I need. Think I'll have to rethink my project. Cheers

 

Without any information on what you want the rings for, it is difficult to give any more detailed advice.

  • Greenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/02/2021 at 17:00, plainsman said:

Hope someone can help me out, I am trying without much luck to source  metal (preferably polished metal s/s etc) ring with internal diameter 56mm and cross section of say 3 or 4mm. I've done the eBay and Googled but drawn a blank. Help appreciated

Things to potentially search for:

 

Handbag / strap making rings

Curtain pole rings

Craft/haberdashery rings

Macrame rings

Leather working rings

Armoury rings

Shower curtain rings

Bridle/horse tack rings

Chain links

If your wallet is fat enough: smooth segment body piercing rings ?

 

Edited by BlueStringPudding
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/02/2021 at 11:56, David Schweizer said:

 

Without any information on what you want the rings for, it is difficult to give any more detailed advice.

 It's an extension to a piece of moving artwork, the spec for the ring (metal or hard plastic) is 56mm internal diameter, round profile cross section 3 of 4 mm. Because of the design a 'just about' internal dia won't work with project in its current form. Seems I've learnt the hard way to hear sizes are not an industry standard so I will have to rethink. Thanks for everyone's help

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, plainsman said:

 It's an extension to a piece of moving artwork, the spec for the ring (metal or hard plastic) is 56mm internal diameter, round profile cross section 3 of 4 mm. Because of the design a 'just about' internal dia won't work with project in its current form. Seems I've learnt the hard way to hear sizes are not an industry standard so I will have to rethink. Thanks for everyone's help

 

 

56mm is a very exact and non standard size, can you not amend the design of whatever it attaches to so as to be able to use a standard 50mm or 60mm ring ?

 

Stainless Steel Round Rings | Marine Grade O Rings | GS Products

 

You can get a 2 1/4" (57mm) Penis ring if thats any good ?

 

Amazon.com: Steel Vineyards 2 1/4 Inch Diameter Stainless Steel Penis Ring, Polished: Health & Personal Care

Edited by Alan de Enfield
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, plainsman said:

 It's an extension to a piece of moving artwork, the spec for the ring (metal or hard plastic) is 56mm internal diameter, round profile cross section 3 of 4 mm. Because of the design a 'just about' internal dia won't work with project in its current form. Seems I've learnt the hard way to hear sizes are not an industry standard so I will have to rethink. Thanks for everyone's help

Can't you get a length of rod 3mm dia and wrap it round a mandrel the braze the ends? https://www.modelscenerysupplies.co.uk/brands/albion-alloys/Brass-rod-3mm-Albion-Alloys-BR8M

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

 

 

56mm is a very exact and non standard size, can you not amend the design of whatever it attaches to so as to be able to use a standard 50mm or 60mm ring ?

 

Stainless Steel Round Rings | Marine Grade O Rings | GS Products

 

You can get a 2 1/4" (57mm) Penis ring if thats any good ?

 

Amazon.com: Steel Vineyards 2 1/4 Inch Diameter Stainless Steel Penis Ring, Polished: Health & Personal Care

 

You've rumbled what I'm building. Seriously it's make my own or redesign. I'll think about it over the weekend. Thanks for the links

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.