Source for metal/hard plastic rings

plainsman

Featured Posts

Hope someone can help me out, I am trying without much luck to source  metal (preferably polished metal s/s etc) ring with internal diameter 56mm and cross section of say 3 or 4mm. I've done the eBay and Googled but drawn a blank. Help appreciated

15 minutes ago, plainsman said:

Hope someone can help me out, I am trying without much luck to source  metal (preferably polished metal s/s etc) ring with internal diameter 56mm and cross section of say 3 or 4mm. I've done the eBay and Googled but drawn a blank. Help appreciated

These people sell Stainless rings in a variety of sizes :- https://www.gsproducts.co.uk/stainless-steel-roundrings/

1 hour ago, plainsman said:

Thanks David and Nomad, link useful but unfortunately no sizes I need. Think I'll have to rethink my project. Cheers

Without any information on what you want the rings for, it is difficult to give any more detailed advice.

• Greenie 1

On 25/02/2021 at 17:00, plainsman said:

Things to potentially search for:

Handbag / strap making rings

Curtain pole rings

Craft/haberdashery rings

Macrame rings

Leather working rings

Armoury rings

Shower curtain rings

Bridle/horse tack rings

Chain links

If your wallet is fat enough: smooth segment body piercing rings ?

Edited by BlueStringPudding

On 26/02/2021 at 11:56, David Schweizer said:

Without any information on what you want the rings for, it is difficult to give any more detailed advice.

It's an extension to a piece of moving artwork, the spec for the ring (metal or hard plastic) is 56mm internal diameter, round profile cross section 3 of 4 mm. Because of the design a 'just about' internal dia won't work with project in its current form. Seems I've learnt the hard way to hear sizes are not an industry standard so I will have to rethink. Thanks for everyone's help

9 minutes ago, plainsman said:

It's an extension to a piece of moving artwork, the spec for the ring (metal or hard plastic) is 56mm internal diameter, round profile cross section 3 of 4 mm. Because of the design a 'just about' internal dia won't work with project in its current form. Seems I've learnt the hard way to hear sizes are not an industry standard so I will have to rethink. Thanks for everyone's help

56mm is a very exact and non standard size, can you not amend the design of whatever it attaches to so as to be able to use a standard 50mm or 60mm ring ?

Stainless Steel Round Rings | Marine Grade O Rings | GS Products

You can get a 2 1/4" (57mm) Penis ring if thats any good ?

Amazon.com: Steel Vineyards 2 1/4 Inch Diameter Stainless Steel Penis Ring, Polished: Health & Personal Care

Edited by Alan de Enfield

36 minutes ago, plainsman said:

Can't you get a length of rod 3mm dia and wrap it round a mandrel the braze the ends? https://www.modelscenerysupplies.co.uk/brands/albion-alloys/Brass-rod-3mm-Albion-Alloys-BR8M

5 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

56mm is a very exact and non standard size, can you not amend the design of whatever it attaches to so as to be able to use a standard 50mm or 60mm ring ?

Stainless Steel Round Rings | Marine Grade O Rings | GS Products

You can get a 2 1/4" (57mm) Penis ring if thats any good ?

Amazon.com: Steel Vineyards 2 1/4 Inch Diameter Stainless Steel Penis Ring, Polished: Health & Personal Care

You've rumbled what I'm building. Seriously it's make my own or redesign. I'll think about it over the weekend. Thanks for the links