Replacement Water Heater

RodneyMcC

Featured Posts

Hi there, this is my first post! I have an existing Truma gas-fired water heater on board, which has now decided to give up. Truma have advised that their Caravan-type water heaters are no longer certified for marine use. Does anyone know where I can source 10-15 Litre water heaters fired by gas?

Thanks

13 minutes ago, RodneyMcC said:

Hi there, this is my first post! I have an existing Truma gas-fired water heater on board, which has now decided to give up. Truma have advised that their Caravan-type water heaters are no longer certified for marine use. Does anyone know where I can source 10-15 Litre water heaters fired by gas?

Thanks

If the boat was not built to the RCD and the old one worked well then it's not a BSS issue as far as I know so why not fit a new one. I bet lost of cookers and fridges fitted to boats are not certified for marine use but are perfectly safe on an INLAND boat.

• Greenie 1

We have a Morco D61B which is no longer made (replaced by the EUP6 model which is significantly different) and, although widely used on boats, the makers have not recommended it as suitable for marine use - having said that it always passes the Boat Safety Certificate Inspection.

Morco also do an 11 Litre version but unless you go for the room sealed version with an electric flu exhausting horizontally, this would require a tall flu that may not be suitable for inland waterway applications.

Edited by NB Alnwick
Spelling

20 minutes ago, RodneyMcC said:

Thanks

It may be worth checking with the Irish navigation authorities / safety board as to what they will accept now.

The advice you get here will (probably) be only that of the English navigation authorities.

• Greenie 1

30 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

If the boat was not built to the RCD and the old one worked well then it's not a BSS issue as far as I know so why not fit a new one. I bet lost of cookers and fridges fitted to boats are not certified for marine use but are perfectly safe on an INLAND boat.

For me its a question of guarantee of the product - if they state that its not marine certified and something went wrong, then they may walk away from it. Thanks for your response.

30 minutes ago, NB Alnwick said:

We have a Morco D61B which is no longer made (replaced by the EUP6 model which is significantly different) and, although widely used on boats, the makers have not recommended it as suitable for marine use - having said that it always passes the Boat Safety Certificate Inspection.

Morco also do an 11 Litre version but unless you go for the room sealed version with an electric flu exhausting horizontally, this would require a tall flu that may not be suitable for inland waterway applications.

It would mean quite a lot of re-work. Thanks for your reply.

I brought and fitted a Rinnai (spelling) from a company in Northern Ireland and it passed the gas inspection . If you google im sure they will come up as they are big company that specializes in lpg stuff for boats and caravans.

They are called gasproductsuk in Bangor N. Ireland