Wild Toileting

David Mack

Featured Posts

21 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

is it like Wild Camping and Wild Swimming which, in my youth, were just called Camping and Swimming? it's just become de rigueur to add "wild" to make them sound exciting and edgy :( 

That may be the in tent.

1 hour ago, Hudds Lad said:

is it like Wild Camping and Wild Swimming which, in my youth, were just called Camping and Swimming? it's just become de rigueur to add "wild" to make them sound exciting and edgy :( 

There are so many possibilities for post-Covid adventures:

Wild Shopping

Wild Cycling

Wild Boating

Wild Working - oh no, can't do that I have now retired . . .

• Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

People of a certain age will now. Is it still possible to play the comb now that old style Izal paper is not commonly seen

Of course we had a wider choice in those days with ‘hard’ toilet paper - similar products being available from ‘Bronco’ and ‘Jeyes’ - not to mention of course British Railways - I knew of many who would visit the train loo on the home bound commute to secure an adequate supply. I don’t know when ‘soft’ toilet paper first arrived on the scene but with the old stuff there was little encouragement to use an excess!

1 hour ago, NB Alnwick said:

Of course we had a wider choice in those days with ‘hard’ toilet paper - similar products being available from ‘Bronco’ and ‘Jeyes’ - not to mention of course British Railways - I knew of many who would visit the train loo on the home bound commute to secure an adequate supply. I don’t know when ‘soft’ toilet paper first arrived on the scene but with the old stuff there was little encouragement to use an excess!

In my younger school days, we used to travel partway home at half term by train from Gloucester to Birmingham.

The trick was to horizontally hold a whole BR bog roll from a pencil or such like as one of your fellow travellers held his foot on the lavatory flush button on the carriage floor, and if careful, the roll was thus flushed away under the train. This was done when the train was on the famed Lickey Incline from Bromsgrove, and a further boy would have his head out of the window to adjudicate success which was to get the bog paper flapping out behind the banking engine.

• Greenie 2