Ruston and Hornsby Spares available

JT Engineering Services

Featured Posts

Hi all, hope this is in the right area,

My name is Jordan Thompson and I’m the Director of J Thompson Engineering Services Ltd and we are developing a range of spare parts and servicing kits for Ruston and Hornsby engines.

We currently have available head gaskets for 2/3VSH/VSO engines (The 4VSH uses 2x 2VSH gaskets). The 2VSH/VSO is £59.99 and the 3VSH/VSO is £69.99. 

We have a limited time offer of 15% off any gaskets ordered before February 28th.

These are available by either contacting us through our Facebook page or by emailing me direct at jj.thompson1466@gmail.com.

Thanks guys!

Jordan

• Greenie 2

Ive had to have several head gaskets bespoke made over the years for my 2VSH.  All with various success and failures.   The OEM gaskets were made from asbestos copper sandwich.

I'd be interested if these are a composite build or just solid copper?

Below is a picture of my 1st graphite sandwich gasket that failed and also blocked one of the coolant passages in the head. (leading to a good cooking!)

Thanks!

DSCF3227.JPG

6 minutes ago, Lincoln said:

Ive had to have several head gaskets bespoke made over the years for my 2VSH.  All with various success and failures.   The OEM gaskets were made from asbestos copper sandwich.

I'd be interested if these are a composite build or just solid copper?

Below is a picture of my 1st graphite sandwich gasket that failed and also blocked one of the coolant passages in the head. (leading to a good cooking!)

Thanks!

DSCF3227.JPG

Very sorry to hear that. 

Our gaskets are a based on the originals using an Asbestos replacement material and are being made for us by a 3rd party firm who have over 50 years experience manufacturing head gaskets.

That looks like the asbestos inner was made too thick for yours. It’s surprising just how much they can spread out once the heads are torqued down!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Everyone,

Our range of Ruston spares is slowly growing, I can now offer head gaskets for:

1VSH/VSO

2VSH/VSO

3VSH/VSO

2VTH/VTO

and now also standard size piston rings for the VSH/VSO engines.

And as well as Ruston, we now offer head gaskets for the Ailsa Craig RF2/4 engines.

Contact us for more details at: jj.thompson1466@gmail.com

• Greenie 1

9 minutes ago, JT Engineering Services said:

Hi Matty,

Are there any particular parts you need for yours? We can supply more or less any component for vintage Diesel engines.

Jordan

Good to know,  I shall email in the week.

• 11 months later...