Widebeam Anchor Advice Please

Lisa009

Featured Posts

On 22/02/2021 at 10:09, pearley said:

We will have the same question in a few months. Alan's says a 40kg anchor is the suggested weight for a widebeam bit the OP wanted one they could lift, hence 20kg. 40kg great if you have a windlass.

I can lift 25 kg bags of coal but it's getting harder so I too would be looking at 20kg but with more chain to help.

In the absence of a 56lb weight, I might try 15kg or so of coal wrapped up in a few of those nets that logs come in, I know they sink in a satisfacory manner.

On 22/02/2021 at 10:09, pearley said:

We will have the same question in a few months. Alan's says a 40kg anchor is the suggested weight for a widebeam bit the OP wanted one they could lift, hence 20kg. 40kg great if you have a windlass.

I can lift 25 kg bags of coal but it's getting harder so I too would be looking at 20kg but with more chain to help.

In the absence of a 56lb weight, as a mud weight, I might try 15kg or so of coal wrapped up in a few of those nets that logs come in, I know they sink in a satisfacory manner.