Lister LPWS3 - 1990. Fuel filter required

Featured Posts

Hello 

Need a fuel filter for my lister LPWS3. Its one of the models with an aluminium filter housing thats held together by a central bolt.

I took this filter apart earlier to find the filter, but to my surprise it was completely empty (except for the diesel, watery diesel and crud).

Anyone tell me where I can source the correct fuel filter?

Thanks in advance

If so it is not a filter, its a sedimentor, the filter should be on the engine. There should be an inverted cone in it somewhere and that centrifuges most of teh water and the larger dirt particles out of the fuel. As long as its not on the engine its a good installation.

51 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

If so it is not a filter, its a sedimentor, the filter should be on the engine. There should be an inverted cone in it somewhere and that centrifuges most of teh water and the larger dirt particles out of the fuel. As long as its not on the engine its a good installation.

Exactly this - so its not a filter at all, and I don't need to worry about it being empty. 

38 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Pictures of the LPWS3 fuel filter (top) and LPWS3 Fuel agglomerator (bottom)

I have the parts manuals if they are of any help ?

Screenshot (202).png

Screenshot (203).png

Perfect - I just located the actual filter. Looks s but fiddly to reach but not terrible.

If you have a parts manual it might be of help for future reference!

Thanks everyone

52 minutes ago, EdwardMeades said:

Exactly this - so its not a filter at all, and I don't need to worry about it being empty.

Correct but you should drain it every few  months so you get advanced warning of developing water/dirt/bug problems in the fuel tank.