Rubbish Towpath Works In Brum

Tim Lewis

Featured Posts

26 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Its the new Sustrans intercity route for the mountain bikers.

Nah. It's for a Birmingham version of the Paris Roubaix race.

1480553226_960px-2013_Paris_-_Roubaix_Forest_of_Arenberg.jpg.3eb23214643d0f95e015d57f5480596e.jpg

By Gottik666 - cycling event, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=28142992

11 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Nah. It's for a Birmingham version of the Paris Roubaix race.

When I was working as a supplier to the auto industry I would often get out on 'tests' eg, taking a Land Rover around their 'cross country' course, every Rolls was driven around the Chehire countryside etc etc.

One of the most uncomfortable (and most destructive to the vehicles) was the 'French Pave' road test.

A combination of the two pictures in this thread.

Is it possible anyone has checked there isn't a person under that lot?

I wonder how many will end up in the cut because it's impossible to get a dumper truck down to move them. If only there were other ways of loading them up in one go and transporting them out of there!

2 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

I wonder how many will end up in the cut because it's impossible to get a dumper truck down to move them. If only there were other ways of loading them up in one go and transporting them out of there!

Maybe C&RT could have a competition to see if anyone has any idea about a possible method of removal.

Surely it cannot be beyond the wit of man ?

No doubt it will need to be certificated Lime Mortar; that'll be another 3 months wait, 

But no! We can't inconvenience the cyclists so it will be finished in less than a week. May have to close the navigation whilst work is done, it'll only inconvenience boaters.

1 hour ago, zenataomm said:

Hopefully all the tw*ts who cycle like fury along there

• Greenie 1