Boat stolen called Ruby

Oddjob

Featured Posts

• 2 months later...

On 19/02/2021 at 01:43, Granger said:

I did receive a bill of sale, it’s been shown to the police the previous owner in his original Facebook post states a contract was signed along with this post and others and contracts bank statements etc the police have agreed I’m the owner as far as there concerned. But if the previous owner has issue with anything he’s welcome to take legal advice and start a civil matter I’ll happily prove it in court. So many people have messaged me through Facebook etc with threats of taking it back or violence it’s really made me ill, I have early onset dementia and stage 1 Parkinson’s buying the boat was a means to spend the next few years while I could doing something I love. But I’m now honestly scared to be on board it’s become a witch hunt on social media. 

Edited by Bella86

29 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

We are away again folks

I hope those flinging allegations around understand that posting stuff on social media doesnt excempt them from a lible action if its proven to be untrue.

Edited by The Happy Nomad
To correct an appalling spooling mistake detected by the spooling bee who rarely has anything positive to contribute.

21 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

libel 

Aye that as well.

Thankyou to the spooling bee....

To be fair though at least you didnt try and argue I should have said slander.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

For clarity.

Slander is injury via the spoken word.

Libel is injury  via written word, published word or written media.

At least that is my understanding.

Edited by mark99

• 4 weeks later...

As we often dont hear the outcome of these things I thought people may find this interesting (and yes I am aware this case is not as a result of the ownership dispute).

But out of the two people claiming ownership only one of the owners isnt banged up.

https://www.countypress.co.uk/news/19330144.ex-pta-chair-defrauded-isle-wight-school-jailed/

Enjoy your holiday Granger.

Thanks for that, may be the real owners can go to Lincoln and get their boat back now. Oh, and I'm sure he told us he was ill too, perhaps his medication that changed him into a new man ran out.

Fender hooks anybody??

Edited by matty40s

36 minutes ago, PaulJ said:

As we often dont hear the outcome of these things I thought people may find this interesting (and yes I am aware this case is not as a result of the ownership dispute).

But out of the two people claiming ownership only one of the owners isnt banged up.

https://www.countypress.co.uk/news/19330144.ex-pta-chair-defrauded-isle-wight-school-jailed/

Enjoy your holiday Granger.

That seems to be a case about defrauding in the Isle of Wight ant not a boat. Did I miss something? Is that the guy who was involved in the Ruby case? 

Edited by haggis

4 minutes ago, haggis said:

Thank you. That is the only answer I could think of and amended my post. He sounds like a nasty piece of work!

He does seem to have a propensity for confusing other people's property with his own.

5 hours ago, haggis said:

That seems to be a case about defrauding in the Isle of Wight ant not a boat. Did I miss something? Is that the guy who was involved in the Ruby case? 

Sorry -yes.

He also asked me to quote to move the boat for him -via my website. His reply email address was his name which sort of gave the game away.

Thames Valley police were quite amused when I told them that (according to Granger) that Leicester police had started his boat for him...

Edited by PaulJ
Inaccuratisy

I assume if the original owners haven't got their boat back yet, they are in a much stronger position to do so. Are they aware of this latest twist in the tale?

53 minutes ago, agew said:

He's not very good at this is he....

I feel so sorry for those left in his wake....kids, school, and very likely boat owners it seems.  

Along with "don't steal money by transferring it into a bank account in your own name" I think we can add "don't steal narrrowboats", "don't register new accounts to vouch for yourself on Canalworld, it's really obvious" and "don't ask for sympathy because you're an elderly man in declining health when you're actually 34" as tips for aspiring criminal masterminds

4 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Is it the same one with the stolen barge

The recently stolen barge appears to have been taken by someone called Carl Rutter. Google suggests there was a Carl Rutter jailed for being part of a gang stealing antiques worth millions, so trying to con someone out of a narrowboat (I take it he wasn't originally the getaway driver :D is quite the step down...

On 22/02/2021 at 11:06, Granger said:

Have to love the how everyone is Sherlock Holmes in this matter. The police have said the boat belongs to the new owner that’s ME. I’ve revived messages of threats etc from the previous owner who has been informed he is not allowed to contact me or approached the boat. He has repeatedly broke the law and continues to try and contact me.I have not stolen a boat, he confirmed there is a contract in place, if he wishes to go via a civil case for breach of contract etc he’s welcome to but in almost 3 months he hasn’t and didn’t make any police report until I owned the boat for 2 months. The boat is licences and insured in my name. I have taken almost 3 months to move the boat to ins current location at most a 6 day journey if I wanted to move her fast, I don’t think 3 months is that fast really. I’m getting fed up of people making assumptions if the previous owner thought he had an argument for ownership why not come on here and say so he’s been invited and had told people on Facebook he would do. It’s pathetic that people think this kind of treatment is acceptable. 

He should have been kicked off the school PTA on the strength of his grammar and spelling alone  ?

Tam

Edited by Tam & Di

I know I didn’t have proof when I posted my original post but I knew it was William (Granger) Egan. He also sent me abusive messages after this on another social media site so I’m glad he’s finally been jailed.

• Greenie 1