Missing thread

GUMPY

Featured Posts

About six weeks ago I got involved in a discussion about the earthing of Victron transformers, towards the end of the conversation there were some very good technical points made by a couple of contributers.

The thread does not appear in any searches even if I go back through all my and the other users posts.

Straight question to which I would like an answer.

Has it been hidden or deleted and if it has why?

Edited by Loddon

1 minute ago, Tony Brooks said:

I too would like an answer to that question. If it turns out to be Victron strong arm tactics it may well influence us when we are asked for recommendations.

They have not a leg to stand on everything posted was factual.

I may try and rewrite it and post it again.

Short answer: to the best of my knowledge it hasn't.

Longer answer: Topics are sometimes hidden but are very rarely deleted entirely. Mind you, I tend not to read technical threads so I would not have noticed it. Can you remember its title?

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Isn't it more likely to be a weakness in the search function? I'm always inclined to think cock-up before conspiracy...! :)

I went back through every one of my posts and it's not there.

Just now, Athy said:

Short answer: to the best of my knowledge it hasn't.

Longer answer: Topics are sometimes hidden but are very rarely deleted entirely. Mind you, I tend not to read technical threads so I would not have noticed it. Can you remember its title?

No I am afraid not. Can you search hidden topics looking for Victron transformer ?

2 minutes ago, Loddon said:

I went back through every one of my posts and it's not there.

No I am afraid not. Can you search hidden topics looking for Victron transformer ?

I have had a look, and have found one called "Victron Isolation Transformer" which appears to be still open. Nothing else since September last year.

Yes, we can see hidden topics. They just come up in the list of topics with all the others.

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

I have had a look, and have found one called "Victron Isolation Transformer" which appears to be still open. Nothing else since September last year.

Yes, we can see hidden topics. They just come up in the list of topics with all the others.

Could you post a link to the topic, that would sort the issue out

16 minutes ago, Loddon said:

About six weeks ago I got involved in a discussion about the earthing of Victron transformers, towards the end of the conversation there were some very good technical points made by a couple of contributers.

The thread does not appear in any searches even if I go back through all my and the other users posts.

Straight question to which I would like an answer.

Has it been hidden or deleted and if it has why?

This thread? 

Which does appear in your past posts https://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/profile/1118-loddon/content/page/11/&all_activity=1

• Greenie 1

13 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Thank you all that was the one goodness only knows (apart from age) why I couldn't find it.

In my defence I wasn't the only one that couldn't find it

I could not find my replies to that topic in "my content" either but happy to accept that was my fault.