Boat overnight stays....

robtheplod

Featured Posts

Just now, Loddon said:

Just to throw a dampener on it it seems to say in the small print that all the dates published at the earliest dates things can happen and are not guaranteed ?

True .... just waiting for increased testing to find a new mutation of concern..... :(

1 minute ago, Loddon said:

Just to throw a dampener on it it seems to say in the small print that all the dates published at the earliest dates things can happen and are not guaranteed ?

Correct, he has been saying that for the past week, the dates will be the earliest if nothing goes wrong 

7 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Quite right too.

7 minutes ago, Loddon said:

No 'small print' involved. He repeatedly said exactly that throughout his announcement to the commons.

I have no doubt that doom mongers at the BBC and ITV will focus on that aspect rather than the positives.

According to all the blurb it was going to be data lead and no dates. Yet again he has done a uturn and made it date lead. What happens if the data is not low enough he will have to do a uturn again. Thought he would of learnt by now. Unfortunately all the idiots insist on dates.

Just now, Tonka said:

According to all the blurb it was going to be data lead and no dates. Yet again he has done a uturn and made it date lead. What happens if the data is not low enough he will have to do a uturn again. Thought he would of learnt by now. Unfortunately all the idiots insist on dates.

I take it you didn't listen to him,  The dates are the earliest with 5 weeks between, if anything comes up in the 5 weeks the dates will go back

• Greenie 3

1 minute ago, Tonka said:

I suggest you read it again.

All of those dates are governed by the data.

Cross post with DC

18 minutes ago, Tonka said:

I've never heard that claim from the government.  Can you back that up?

• Greenie 1

35 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

I've never heard that claim from the government.  Can you back that up?

I realise, as this is from that communist rag, the Guardian, it may not be acceptable to Daily Mail or Telegraph readers, but this implies, surely, that these tests are data driven.  i can't be bothered to look for the actual quotes.  It is, at last, a sensible decision - to give expected dates, but make them contingent on what happens in practice.  The schools return is going to be critical.

ETA it's from today's.

quote.jpg

Edited by Arthur Marshall
  • Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, Ex Brummie said:

I think a lot of heads need banging together, or do you all work for BBC, ITV or Sky?

What he has said is quite straightforward, and qualified with dates IF certain criteria are met. Unfortunately Covid apparently is not answering any phone calls or emails and refuses to publish a timetable or schedule for any infections. 

What action would you take to guarantee anything related to this pandemic? Don't bother coming back with what could have been done; hindsight is perfect sight. No-one can be able to foretell exactly what can be achieved let alone guarantee anything. Apart from very small underpopulated island nations that can close at will, no-one has done better. We now have quarantine, and look at the furore that has caused because people are 'locked up'. In Australia, they have been more draconian, and have refused re-entry to their own citizens  until there are spaces in their 'prisons'. If we tried that here we would be charged with racism, transphobism, any old ism and civil disobedience would follow. There have been enough suggestions of this to what we have done.

In Europe (they're doing well aren't they?) we've seen arson, vandalism, riots against the police in France, Austria, Holland and Germany.

For pity's sake give the excessive moaning a rest and look for the positives. Vaccination anyone?

Nice rant.

No idea how much of it is connected to anything posted in the thread thus far this evening though.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

Just now, Ex Brummie said:

Suggest you look back through the thread, then.

I said this evening. Because you referenced (in your second sentence) the announcement made this afternoon.

On 17/02/2021 at 10:28, Athy said:

The scheme was designed to allow people to eat out safely. As I understand it, tables (and therefore diners) were widely spaced, and staff wore masks or face shields. So, with those precautions, it is surely unlikely that it contributed to the incidence of the virus, isn't it?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/coronavirus-eat-out-to-help-out-accelerated-second-wave-of-covid-19-study-says-12118285