Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Up-Side-Down said:

Not on the the Lot I trust ............

I think we've got the message.:D

But what is special about the Lot?

1 hour ago, Naughty Cal said:

Same here. We have  booking with Le Boat for the 2nd April. 

We have very little hope of making it on that holiday and are 95% certain it will be cancelled in the coming weeks.

I doubt it will be a very enjoyable cruise either way with the restrictions that will be in place for pubs and restaurants. We would prefer it to be cancelled if we are perfectly honest.

No one is forcing you to stay at home.

If you really want to there is nothing stopping you going out and getting on with your life.

1 hour ago, Naughty Cal said:

Same here. We have  booking with Le Boat for the 2nd April. 

We have very little hope of making it on that holiday and are 95% certain it will be cancelled in the coming weeks.

I doubt it will be a very enjoyable cruise either way with the restrictions that will be in place for pubs and restaurants. We would prefer it to be cancelled if we are perfectly honest.

No one is forcing you to stay at home.

If you really want to there is nothing stopping you going out and getting on with your life.

18 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I see lot's of people questioning it.

Usually anti-vaxers, anti-maskers and lots of other assorted nutters.

By anti vaxers BTW I don't mean the ones concerned about the vaccine on genuine health grounds, I'm talking about the nutters peddling various idiotic conspiracy theories.

Facebook is full of conspiracy theorists claiming that no-one is allowed to mention conspiracy theories. It's amazing how many people are aware of these secrets which we aren't allowed to know or share. It is also amazing that anyone is daft enough to believe that a bunch of politicians could keep anything secret for very long. They seem to think that a gollop of incompetents who couldn't run a sweetshop can control everything in sight without anyone suspecting (except a couple million FB posters). So far, there's no sign of that level of competence from a single politician of any party. Could be the Queen, I suppose... Or interplanetary lizard people. I have a friend, who otherwise shows distinct signs of intelligence, who believes everything David Icke says.

40 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I see lot's of people questioning it.

Usually anti-vaxers, anti-maskers and lots of other assorted nutters.

By anti vaxers BTW I don't mean the ones concerned about the vaccine on genuine health grounds, I'm talking about the nutters peddling various idiotic conspiracy theories.

So its just coincidence that some companies with links to members of the government and indeed the members of SAGE have made small fortunes and will continue to do so the longer this is dragged on...everything from Pharma to PPE and facilities management like Serco.....

41 minutes ago, Up-Side-Down said:

35 minutes ago, Up-Side-Down said:

3 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Not a lot !

Lets hope that's the lot!

13 minutes ago, frangar said:

So its just coincidence that some companies with links to members of the government and indeed the members of SAGE have made small fortunes and will continue to do so the longer this is dragged on...everything from Pharma to PPE and facilities management like Serco.....

The virus is dragging it on. Not the government, pharma companies or any body else.

Do you have the remotest comprehension of what would have happened if this had been allowed to just run free? Or are you one of the nutters who took photos of empty hospital corridors and subsequently claimed that hospitals were not at risk of being completely overwhelmed???

For the avoidance of doubt I am not calling you a 'nutter' I am asking if you are one.

If you want to educate yourself have a read of this, from the very front line, Richard Cree is one of the team that cared for our 37 YO son in law who was critically ill in the first wave.

I doubt though you will take the time. People like you claim he makes it all up.

https://www.nomoresurgeons.com/

Edited by The Happy Nomad

Just now, The Happy Nomad said:

The virus is dragging it on. Not the government, pharma companies or any body else.

Do you have the remotest comprehension of what would have happened if this had been allowed to just run free? Or are you one of the nutters who took photos of empty hospital corridors and subsequently claimed that hospitals were not at risk of being completely overwhelmed???

For the avoidance of doubt I am not calling you a 'nutter' I am asking if you are one.

If you want to educate yourself have a read of this, from the very front line, Richard Cree is one of the team that cared for our 37 YO son in law who was critically ill in the first wave.

I doubt though you will take the time. People claim he makes it all up.

https://www.nomoresurgeons.com/

There is a big difference between it being allowed to run free and now that there is better comprehension of how it is transmitted, who it affects worse etc keeping everyone locked down and businesses shut. 

Are you one who thinks that death should now be optional? Current figures are suggesting there are 10m people waiting for hospital treatment due to everything being deferred due to the covid panic...is that acceptable that even if a small percentage of those die it will far outstrip the deaths from covid.

3 minutes ago, frangar said:

There is a big difference between it being allowed to run free and now that there is better comprehension of how it is transmitted, who it affects worse etc keeping everyone locked down and businesses shut. 

Are you one who thinks that death should now be optional? Current figures are suggesting there are 10m people waiting for hospital treatment due to everything being deferred due to the covid panic... not getting the virus under control. is that acceptable that even if a small percentage of those die it will far outstrip the deaths from covid.

Fixed it for you.

Just now, frangar said:

Are you one who thinks that death should now be optional? Current figures are suggesting there are 10m people waiting for hospital treatment due to everything being deferred due to the covid panic...is that acceptable that even if a small percentage of those die it will far outstrip the deaths from covid.

When was the last time you heard of people in their 30's 40's and 50's routinely dying from a respiratory infection in such significant numbers?

I can't recall it.

And how long do you think it will take if the 'less vulnerable' are just allowed to carry on as usual infecting each other, risking transmission to vulnerable people?? Because it's pretty clear lots of people don't stick to the rules.

And if you are so good at epidemiology and disease management  how come you are not a member of SAGE?

9 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

When was the last time you heard of people in their 30's 40's and 50's routinely dying from a respiratory infection in such significant numbers?

I can't recall it.

I've just looked here as curious. It doesn't seem to suggest any significant death rate below age 60?

Deaths | Coronavirus in the UK (data.gov.uk)

10 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

I've just looked here as curious. It doesn't seem to suggest any significant death rate below age 60?

Deaths | Coronavirus in the UK (data.gov.uk)

None the less they were all avoidable, and on some days up to 87 per day. but the real issue is the fact that just allowing the 'less vulnerable' to behave as normal creates a residual pool of infected people in the community. People can also be re-infected.

The stats also don't cover the long term debilitating effects of those who have recovered from the acute phase of serious Covid 19 infection, even in the under 60's.

To correct figures

Just now, The Happy Nomad said:

None the less they were all avoidable, and on some days up to 75 per day. but the real issue is the fact that just allowing the 'less vulnerable' to behave as normal creates a residual pool of infected people in the community. People can also be re-infected.

The stats also don't cover the long term debilitating effects of those who have recovered from the acute phase of serious Covid 19 infection, even in the under 60's.

Lots of causes of death & serious injury are theoretically avoidable yet they are still allowed....road & air transport....the normal flu...etc etc....do you want to stop these too as you seem to want to preserve every life even if that means no quality of life.

2 hours ago, Athy said:

Actually I don't think I did, but if that happened, it does put a different complexion on the matter.

Everyone else did. It was on BBC News. Did you also miss the pre Xmas crowds in Oxford Street? 

The PM squirming his way out of, "family parties are OK on Christmas Day", about three days bafore Xmas? 

Edited by LadyG

1 minute ago, frangar said:

Lots of causes of death & serious injury are theoretically avoidable yet they are still allowed....road & air transport....the normal flu...etc etc....do you want to stop these too as you seem to want to preserve every life even if that means no quality of life.

Road and traffic deaths/accidents don't threaten to overwhelm our hospital ICU's

Why are you struggling to grasp this?

1 minute ago, frangar said:

Well that proved a point without effort!

He just likes to join in part through a discussion that doesn't involve him and have a stupid dig.

He isn't worth the effort of a fuller response, so he didn't get one.

3 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Road and traffic deaths/accidents don't threaten to overwhelm our hospital ICU's

Why are you struggling to grasp this?

I ask again how long are you prepared to have your free movement and normal life suspended for? What number of deaths are you happy with? How are you thinking of paying for it? 

Edited by frangar
typos

6 minutes ago, frangar said:

I ask again how long are you prepared to have your free moment and normal life suspended for? What number are you happy with? How are you thinking of paying for it? 

Well as to numbers, I couldn't say as I am not an expert, I'll leave that to those who are. But obviously the sooner the better.

Unlike 'Tracey on Facebook' they seem qualified to decide.

(Sorry @matty40s if that was too condescending for you, but frankly it was meant to be)

5 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I have Happy Nomad on ignore, 'he s not an idiot, but does a good impression sometimes. 

Clearly you don't.

Oh and coming from you I have to say that is utterly priceless.